FOS freebie and new tools

Started by Zephyrus52246, December 23, 2023, 11:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Jeff I've decided to leave the chimmney off the one I'm building. The actual detail has a bend in it. I may use an exhaust pipe out of the side. I haven't decided yet. You did an excellent job on the kit.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ReadingBob

That looks great on the layout Jeff!   ;D

I've been perusing the kit contents, and instructions, for the FOS Gorman Sign Co. and I noticed it has the same 3D printed chimney.  The instructions note that the roof pitch doesn't match the chimney and to cut a hole in the roof to insert the chimney instead.  
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Looks good Jeff, all the HW Myers buildings make a great scene and looks good with your town.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jim Donovan

Holland & Odessa Railroad

Zephyrus52246

Thanks, Curt.  Odd that a 3D part would have a bend in it.

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

Thank you, Bob.  I have that kit as well, thanks for the heads up.  I've done that with the metal chimneys but figured the resin would sand pretty easily.

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

Greg, I still have to finish the HW Myers buildings, and will do so once the scenery on the front is done.  Thanks for looking in. 

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

Thanks, Jim.  It was a quick kit to work on as I haven't done a kit in a while and will probably find something larger to work on next. 

Jeff

Jerry

Very nice work Jeff.  I like the scene it's coming along nicely.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Zephyrus52246

Thanks, Jerry.  I need to get this area finished, but I've been working on it for years.   :-[

Jeff