SRMW Retirement Build Challenge - 2021 updates

Started by tom.boyd.125, January 06, 2021, 01:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

hey Tom:

Beautiful work on that building. Love the colors and weathering.

Karl

tom.boyd.125

Jerry...
Thanks for following along...here's a few photos of the work in progress of the front and side annex addition...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

tom.boyd.125

Karl,
Been several weeks since the last update...here's another photo of the back side annex addition...Thanks for the positive comments !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

ACL1504

Tom,

I really like how this is turning out. Looks great. I love the weathering on the brick structure.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

GPdemayo

Hey Tom, that big hole in the roof is going to let in a bit of water when it rains.....great looking build.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

tom.boyd.125

Tom, Curt, John, Karl and Gregory
Thanks for following along...been almost a month since the last updates on this multi build SRMW thread...
Here's some progress photos of the SRMW Blackstone Mill kit, kept the craft paint bottles busy and glazed the windows too...more to come soon...
Gregory..had to cut holes in the SRMW OV Hooker and SRMW Tucker & Cook roofs to let more moisture in the attic spaces...then will install the chimneys...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Mark Dalrymple

Some great progress there, Tom.

When is the last time we saw a craftsman kit with that much masonry?  I sure do miss the SRM offerings!

Nice job on the tiles.

Cheers, Mark.

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Looks really great. I'll bet that roof took some time. Looks just great though.

Karl

tom.boyd.125

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on September 15, 2021, 12:45:57 AM
Some great progress there, Tom.

When is the last time we saw a craftsman kit with that much masonry?  I sure do miss the SRM offerings!

Nice job on the tiles.

Cheers, Mark.

Thanks Mark.
Only seen 4 SRMW builds in Minnesota so wanted to work on 16 of them under one roof.
Just like George used the Magnuson and Train of Texas brick walls, they have there place in modeling the New England area.
Roofs take time, using templates and applying the slate tile on the dormers roofs while on the workbench speeds things up....forgot one sill ...need to paint it...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

tom.boyd.125

Quote from: postalkarl on September 15, 2021, 03:02:44 AM
Hey Tom:

Looks really great. I'll bet that roof took some time. Looks just great though.

Karl
Karl,
Thanks for following along.
The slate tiles do take time and the effect is neat. Double sided transfer tape was used on both builds.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Lynnb

Nice build thread, I hope I'm as active as you at 72.  :)
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

Jim Donovan

Tommy I just had time to read up on this thread. What a wonderful adventure! I love the quality of modeling, the details and the modeling tips. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad