Thursday 11 February

Started by madharry, February 11, 2021, 06:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Good Morning All. It was the coldest night of the year last night. A lot of the UK is covered in snow. A great day today as I have had my first covid jab. Hurrah!Have a great day.
Mike

NEMMRRC

Greetings!

Ice storm overnight. Trees and power lines covered in ice. Many folks are without power. I have power and I have to go to work. So it goes. I am off tomorrow so I hope to get some workbench time in during the extended weekend.

Later.

Jaime

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

I'm off today.  Just let the dog out, she usually doesn't need to go out this early.  It's a "real feel" of 18 below.  As I was in shorts and a t-shirt, I will attest it was a bit cold.  Another light snow today, just like everyday.   :( 

Jeff

ReadingBob

Morning all,

The most important thing I did at work yesterday was schedule four Fridays off spread out over the next four months.  Unfortunately one of them is not tomorrow.   :(

Glad to hear you got your first covid jab Mike.  I have no idea when I'll be able to get mine. 

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

WigWag Workshop

Hey Der Folks!

Mid 20's and more snow.  Thank You to everyone for the condolances and well wishes yesterday. No plans other than work.

Have a Great day All!

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

ACL1504

Morning all,

My plan for today is to get the layout room cleaned and a bit more organized. I have more of Jim Miller's stuff to put on Ebay.

Have a safe day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Good morning.  My mother got the second shot for COVID, yesterday, so we are making progress.  Now for my wife and I to make it to the top of the list. We are still in the deep freeze around here.  I'm off to my workbench with coffee in hand. I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

jrmueller

Good morning  Rea and I get our second COVID vaccine shots today. Wintery mix this evening.
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Blazeman

A nuisance snow during the night.  it will be a shovel push cleanup at least, although it means the vehicles again have to be cleaned.  Thanks to suggestions here, I know how to best handle that.

No idea when we'll be able to even try to schedule shots.  Distribution across PA is very uneven.

Take it as it comes.

Larry

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jim Donovan

Deb and I were able to get second shot yesterday. Florida seems to be getting better at this, the bottleneck is now how fast the state can get the vaccine.

Hope to work on layout after yard work is done, but it is beautiful out today and supposed to get crappy starting tomorrow so might enjoy the outdoors.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Still going below zero for the next seven days...BURR...no Covid shots in the 65-74 age group yet in MN...time to get on the train...stay safe !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

That's all I got for today.

tooStupid

Afternoon,

the spell of wet glue, solder paste and saw dust filled my day getting the whoopsies out of hand laid track and turnouts. Almost threw in the towel, but one last effort was a success. Maybe tomorrow I will think differently.

Oldguy

Had to clear the drive as the Bosslady wants us to go out tomorrow for groceries.  Fired up the backpack blower and the thin ice under the snow came off in thin sheets taking the snow with it.  YakTrax worked like a charm as just about all of it is sloped.  The drive itself has a 25% grade. 
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond