Tuesday - February 23, 2021

Started by ReadingBob, February 23, 2021, 07:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Worked late last night.  Working late again tonight.  I already made up my mind to move retirement date up by at least 6 months.  Maybe more.  Two years, eight months sounds better than three years, two months.   ;)

Memories from the Altoona EXPO in 2017.  John (S&S RR) and I did a little rail fanning while we were in the area.  Good times!   :)

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

WigWag Workshop

Hey Der Folks!

Low 40's and rain, to wash the road salt away. Dinner date with SweetieBear after work.

Have a Great Day All!

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Up and getting ready for another work day.  Finally broke freezing here yesterday.   :)

Jeff

Janbouli

Morning everyone , up early this morning because I had an online product training from Callaway, it's not the same thing as being invited to a great golf course for a day , learning everything about the new equipment and after a nice lunch trying all the new stuff out.

Going to my trainroom now , now that I've done my work for today  ;)
I love photo's, don't we all.

ACL1504

Morning all,

Great photo Bob.

Nothing but layout work, er, play today.

Ya'll be safe and stay healthy out there.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

We were blessed with 5-6" of snow yesterday after having a "trace to two inches" forecast.  Today's forecast is for "one to four inches".  Not sure if I should be concerned...

Outside of the snow plowing, looking forward to a quiet day.  Everyone stay safe!
Jerry

BandOGuy

Is anyone else surprised the yesterday's "1" ", turned out to be 6"? I enjoy snow, but ENOUGH all ready! Spread it out between November and March: not over two weeks. Geesh! Rant over.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Got some catching up to do today as I let work slip a little yesterday.

Enjoy the day!

Jerry

Morning everyone

Weather in South Jersey sunny/33.  Later on 48!

Work continues on the Mill.  That's after errands are done!

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Good morning.  Bob I remember that rail fanning trip well, good times and good company. And who can forget the squeal of the trains going around horseshoe curve. Bob my advice on retirement is sharpen that pencil and retire as soon as it's practical. I'm doing a few chores around the house today and then heading into the train room. I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Dennis Bourey

Morning all, More snow and low 20's today in Lakes region New Hampshire, Be safe.....Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

NKP768

Above freezing 3 days in a row in Cent. Indiana - ahhhhh-. A little off the subject but I need to decide on a Medicare Supplement Plan in the next few months and I respect the opinion of this group more so than a room full of insurance advisors anyone have any suggestion? Good - bad or indifferent.

Thanks hope everyone has a great day...

Doug

Blazeman

Morning all (late morning that is).

Doug:  Unfortunately, rates vary by state and provider.  Just know that whatever level (by letter) plan you choose, the coverage is the same across the spectrum of providers.  So Co. A's offering for plan X will be the same as Co. B's....only the premium will differ.

So, choose the plan that best fits your needs.  I have  plan G for example.   It's more expensive than others, but I have more needs medically.

Consult with a broker/agent, asking if they rep for just one provider or a line of providers.  When I selected my first provider, I didn't shop.  I listened to the guy who came to see us.  A few months in, someone else (who I had dealt with for other services) showed us the same coverage with another provider....at $40 less per month.  We immediately cancelled the previous coverage for the new provider.

Good trip yesterday to Phila for the wife's medical situation.  Smooth, trouble-free drive down the Sure-Kill X-way. I checked the speedometer once or twice and we were rolling with the traffic....at 80 MPH!  Precip held off to after we were inside.  Wife got good news (problem can be "fixed").  Precip on the way home, but no problems.  Of course, driveway clearing again upon returning to the house.

So a lot of exhaling last night and today.  Prayers answered for sure. 

I think I'll start drilling holes in the test/switching module for feeders today.

Everyone have a wonderful day.  "See" you tonight, Chip.

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Rumor has it that the CEO of the S&S RR may have stopped over at the Sandwich, Illinois Fairgrounds and painted the structure in his colors...
The Burlington Caboose was added as an office...John was there...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com