Wednesday - February 24, 2021

Started by S&S RR, February 24, 2021, 07:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Good morning! We had 40 degree temperatures, yesterday. It melted a lot of snow, I had a serious river running down my driveway. I'm making the coffee and heading into the train room for the day. It sure beats working for a living.  I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ReadingBob

Good morning John and all who follow,

Worked late again last night and more of the same on tap for this evening.   :(

Do you remember this visit John?  More fun times.  Left to right - Bill Eaton aka The Judge, John (S&S RR) and Howard Zane.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Got my evening's worth of benchtime in yesterday. Got work and chores in line today.

John, we had positive temps here too, was nice watching Mother Nature shovel for me.

Dennis Bourey

Wow!!! Face's with names. Morning All...Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

tooStupid

Mornin,

It is going to be a great day.

S&S RR

Quote from: ReadingBob on February 24, 2021, 07:57:57 AM
Good morning John and all who follow,

Worked late again last night and more of the same on tap for this evening.   :(

Do you remember this visit John?  More fun times. 

Have a great one!

I remember it well - we had a great time.  Howard has an amazing layout and we had a great discussion. I wonder if he has made another addition to his basement since we were there?
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jerry

Morning everyone

A beautiful day in South Jersey sunny/34 no wind.  And it's going to 54 later on.
Now why can't it just stay this way?

Errands to do this morning then some time at the bench later on.

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Jim Donovan

Cool start to the day but suppose to be beautiful. I have committed to an outing with the Boss but expect to do some modeling later. However, before all that it's coffee time.

Have a great day. Love the photo.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Back inside after chores and plowing out most of the driveway.  I still need to dig out my truck and move it so I can finish plowing around where it was parked.

Bright and sunny start to the day, cloudy with a chance of showers this afternoon. 

Everyone have a safe and productive day!
Jerry

Blazeman

Back from getting a haircut.  Pushed some ice dams off the gutters and moved snow out to the sun for melting. 50 already in SE PA (in the shade);  add 5 more for when in the abundant sunshine.  Used to be after a snow, temps would moderate quickly and start the melt.  Not so this season.  Well, it's almost done.

Couple of errands to run for the missus while she goes out with one of her lady pals.  Then start prep for dropping wires for the switching/test track/programming track....wire brush the track side, tin wires.  Drilled holes yesterday.  Usually I take that work outside in the natural light, but with a foot or so of snow, not really feasible now.

Enjoy what's left of the day.

Larry

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Just had 2 days in the 40's and now 4 days coming in the upper 30's...heat wave in MN...snow is going down...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

bparrish

Mornin' all

Sunny but cold here.  this time of year is tough because it looks like you could go out for a walk but they you step out and the wind hits you in the face.  It seems like here in the mountain west it takes a lot of wind to change the season.

On to other stuff....

The northwest region of the NMRA is holding their convention virtually this next summer and the division in southern Idaho is the host.  I'm on the presenting committee and we are doing virtual clinics and layout tours.

I discovered long ago that a camera is much less forgiving about dust and odd shadows when structures are not down tight to the ground.  So I am on a cleaning and detail campaign for the next weeks. 

There has not been a lot of activity actually on the railroad so I need to get after it.  I want to have my presentations mostly done by April first.

see ya
Bob

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

ACL1504

Afternoon all,

I was here at O'dark30 and forgot to sign in. Then I edged, cut the grass and pulled weeds to start off an early spring.

So, other than that, I have nothing new to report.

Have a safe and healthy day ya'll.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

NKP768

50 degrees today in Nap Town - in Feb? in Indiana? I'll take it. Want to thank you folks for responding to my question regarding Medicaid - gives me some ideas to work with.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Doug