2021 Winter Build Challenge - Blairstown General Store by Blair Line

Started by WigWag Workshop, February 27, 2021, 01:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WigWag Workshop

Hey Der Folks!

My entry for the 2021 Winter Build Challenge is Blair Line - Blairstown General Store. I will be building this kit has "Aiden's Hardware" dedicated to my Grandson. This my first time building a "Tab and Slot" type kit.

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

WigWag Workshop

Started work on the build, so for so good. I would have added the pictures to the original post, but was having issues attaching the files.

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

postalkarl

Hey Steven:

Nice looking little kit. I will be following along with interest.

Karl

ReadingBob

Quote from: postalkarl on March 03, 2021, 03:16:04 AM
Hey Steven:

Nice looking little kit. I will be following along with interest.

Karl

Ditto that.  I don't recall every building a Blair Line kit so this will be fun to follow along.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Oldguy

Good kits.  I've built three so far.   What I would have liked is the "standard" 1/16 square corner posts.  Dale provides sticky sticks to cover the corner edges.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

GPdemayo

Nice looking general store Steven.....I'll be looking in.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

WigWag Workshop

Still a long ways to go, however, despite a few issues (this my first "Tab n' Slot Kit") I am really enjoying the build.

-Steven

WigWag Workshop

Making progress on my "Aiden's Hardware" build. I still need to add some signage, do some weathering, and add some details. The shingles on the main roof are from BEST Trains Item 3004 Staggered course shake sand, and the overhang shingles are also from BEST Trains Item 3002 Standard 12" 3 tab - Sand.

-Steven

postalkarl

ACL1504

Steven,

Very nice build. Like others, I've never built a Blair Line kit.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

WigWag Workshop

Thank You Karl and Tom!

Tom - This is my first Blair Line Kit, I have to admit, I am not a fan of the "Tab and Slot" style of kits. All in all, it's an OK kit, after I got over some fitment issues. I am also not a fan of the "Peel and Stick" corner trim, I prefer using wood corner trim.

-Steven

tom.boyd.125

Steven,
Thanks for sharing your build project of this store.
Looking forward to other kits in the future.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

postalkarl