The Last day Of February 2021

Started by Rollin, February 28, 2021, 07:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollin

Why is everyone sleeping in this morning?
Well, when the trumpet sounds tomorrow morning, You'll all have to March for 31 days!

Have a good one, folks.

Raymo

Morning. Spent most of the morning at the bench yesterday trying to get projects cleaned up. This one is almost done

Opa George

Happy Sunday,

Got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday.  No ill effects--this morning my arm is only very slightly sore--no problem with movement.  I must give credit to an incredible operation. This was at a church community center and they had nearly 1400 people scheduled to move through.  Lots of volunteers made it go very smoothly and surprisingly quick considering the hundreds of people there.

A quick trip to the grocery after a breakfast of French toast this morning, then hopefully time at the workbench and layout. I primed my Rusty Rails tuna boat casting yesterday.  Should have time to paint it today.

Cheers!

--Opa George

ACL1504

Morning all,

Working on the layout and other stuff today.

Have a safe day ya'll.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jerry

Morning everyone

A cloud/43 here in South Jersey later on rain/45!

A few things to do around the house then some bench time is planned.

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Gearing up for a trip to Arizona tomorrow. Time to get out of the house.

I'll get some last minute bench-time in today, but I'll be downing tools for a week, so I'll be going dark for a little while.

Enjoy your Sunday!

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Dan, great job on the GMC Crackerbox.  My cousin had the sleeper version with a snarly Detroit diesel.  He logged a lot of miles hauling steel with it until he upgraded to  an International Emeryville cabover with Cummins power.  You provided me with a short trip down memory lane and I thank you.

Looks like I need to make a trip to the hardware store as my caulking cartridge of liquid nails has dried up. 

Everyone have a great day!

Jerry

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Great looking truck Dan!

Some workbench time later.  That's about it.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

postalkarl

Yep:

It's the last day of February and I'm very much looking forward to spring.

Karl

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Janbouli

A great day for anything , sun is shining but it's not too warm. Went for a ride on the bicycle , cleaned my workshop , and glued down cork on the staging yard , now I have to wait till it's dry , which takes forever because cork is almost waterproof and air can't get to the glue well.
I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Good morning! I'm spending the day with the Grandkids! ;D ;D ;D I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Raymo

Quote from: jerryrbeach on February 28, 2021, 08:56:46 AM
Good morning.

Dan, great job on the GMC Crackerbox.  My cousin had the sleeper version with a snarly Detroit diesel.  He logged a lot of miles hauling steel with it until he upgraded to  an International Emeryville cabover with Cummins power.  You provided me with a short trip down memory lane and I thank you.

Looks like I need to make a trip to the hardware store as my caulking cartridge of liquid nails has dried up. 

Everyone have a great day!
Thanks! The Emeryville is on my list to be built.

Erieman

Quote from: Raymo on February 28, 2021, 07:48:31 AM
Morning. Spent most of the morning at the bench yesterday trying to get projects cleaned up. This one is almost done

Dan, Beautiful job on the trucks. Really awesome work.

Frank / Erieman

deemery

I knocked out these hoppers, they're flat-cast resin kits I got from eBay.  They are the same prototype as the old Red Ball cast metal and wood kits.  I carved off the cast-on grabs, and used 18" drop on the sills and 24" straight on the ends.  I also carved off some posts on either side of the coupler.  The couplers are Kadee 158 short whiskers, and the trucks are old IHC delrin 4'8" wheelbase with Intermountain wheelsets.  I need to add some weight and a coal load. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to