Vehicles

Started by Blazeman, March 01, 2021, 08:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazeman

I'm working with a couple of modelers to dismantle and dispose (sell off) a deceased friend's layout for his widow. He had numerous cars and trucks of course.  His era was early/mid 50's, so the span of cars and trucks covered the 20's to the 50's. 

I've grouped the collection by decade.  The items from the 20's are all assembled plastic and wood models, painted and with some trim paint as necessary (lights, chrome).  I would think modelers doing or having layouts from that ear would be interested in acquiring some of the cars and such.

The vehicles out of the 30's and 40's appear to be a lot of the Dick Tracy collection that came out when the movie was in vogue. Also some straight job trucks including a couple REX.

The 50's are an accumulation from various marketers, but there are a good percentage of CMV items. Lots of pickups.

Question is, need some pricing guidance.  I've noted some comments on this site now and then regarding vehicles for the 20's, so I'm thinking members would have some ideas as to what they might be worth, much less if there's any market at all. 

I simply am lost in so far as doing what is needed to be able to post photos here (or any other site).  I can send photos via email though.

Larry

jerryrbeach

Larry,

I sent you a PM. 
Jerry

postalkarl

Hey:

Sorry to hear of this. My condolence to his family.

Karl

Keep It Rusty

Saddened by this news, Larry.

If it's of any help, I could be interested in a number of the vehicles for my own collection...

jerryrbeach

I offered to post some photos of the vehicles if Larry emailed them to me. 
Jerry

Keep It Rusty

Thank you, Jerry.

I am definitely interested in a number of these vehicles for my dioramas.

Larry, how best for us to talk more?