Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Hump day.  These five day work weeks are about five days too long.   :D

Love a rusty roof.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Morning all,

I  spoke to Cindy yesterday and the Judge came through his surgery with no complications. The surgery took longer than expected per the doctor. He is in his own room now. Not sure at this point how long he will be there until he is moved to/ or starts rehab. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Pam and I are going to Claire Miller's this morning to talk about more of Jim's estate stuff.

It's raining here and a busy day for me. Ya'll stay safe and have a great day.

Tom ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tooStupid

Morning,

Yesterday was a bad day for me and ebay. Today bathroom pumbing refresh is in the cards.

I hope the judge recovers quickly,

WigWag Workshop

Hey Der Folks!

Heading in to the 60's today. Another day full of meetings.

Have a Great Day All!

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Glad to hear the Judge's surgery went well.  I'm sure he's regaling the hospital staff with railroad and legal tall tales.  I'm off today, and hope to get back to the challenge build.

Jeff

Blazeman

Happy Hump Day!  First one of March.

Sunny as all get out, but still on the chilly side.  No breeze though.

Need to buy tax software and get cracking on that. 

AC repair man coming today.  Another controller seems like it gave up the ghost.  Glad to find it now rather than in July. Of course, it won't be in inventory, so another visit needs scheduling.

All be safe.  Get well quick, Your Honor.

Larry

Jim Donovan

Best wishes for the Judge, now to get him home and up and about.

Rain here so good excuse to model.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Jerry

Morning everyone

A sunny/32 here in South Jersey.  Moving up to 52 later in the day.
A nice Spring day!

Work continues on the Mill.

Everyone have a wonderful day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Good morning! I couldn't help myself last night and made hamburgers on the grill in the gazebo.  Enough of our snow has melted that I could get the door of the gazebo open without shoveling. The heat from the grill served two purposes on this job. 

Prayers for a speedy recovery for the Judge.

I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dennis Bourey

Good Morning all, Get well Judge.....Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

And a cold one here at the Grand Canyon.

Great to see so much activity on the forum since I last checked in!

Have a great one!

deemery

Tax software:  I've used both Intuit/TurboTax and H&R Block.  I'm using the latter now, mostly because I strongly dislike Intuit's business practices.  TurboTax seems to be a bit more mature, but both have a strong style of "driven by interview to collect information" rather than letting you work from a knowledge of what things you need to fill out. 

But I'll say that in general my taxes have gotten a lot simpler, with the increase in standard deduction I don't need to itemize like I used to.  But with both programs, there have been times when I couldn't figure out where/how to fill out some specific form/item that I thought I had to report.

Good news on The Judge

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

bparrish

Dave....

Taxes for me have not gotten any easier.   I can never sort out my taxable liability on social security and my donations exceed the percent limits of adjusted gross so I kick it down the road. When the credits get high enough....... when they tell me, I pull stuff out of the IRA without taking a hit.

Also I never know which box to put the various income from investments.

A lot of my income is not reportable due to VA medical pensions.  So I never know where I'm at.  It's easier to pay a professional and get it right.

I don't want any black helicopters in my front yard and suits at my front door.

So let me just sit in front of my modeling bench and all will be well.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?