3D Anycubic Photon

Started by Bernd, February 25, 2021, 12:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

4K is always going to be pretty nice. That said, my Anycubic that Bernd now owns produced some killer HO details for me. I set my print resolution to 0.035mm for most things, going as low as 0.020" in some cases.

I didn't upgrade for the resolution but for the build plate size.

Always buy the best you can afford!

Bernd

A quick update on the new computer and printer project.

I got my second computer Monday Mar. 1, ten days earlier than they said I would. That's a first.

So I got it home started to set everything up and I can't connect the video monitor cable. Why? Because the video port on the back of the computer dose not support a HDMI cable.

Here's a view of the back of the computer. This picture was sent to HPI. I complained because they didn't explain what I needed to hook up a monitor with a HDMI port.

So on a search I went. No joy from HPI Support, yet. I've posted a thread on another forum pointing out my problems with a cable. I had one guy come to my rescue. He had worked for HP and pointed me in the right direction. I also found out that this particular computer can come with several style video ports. Unfortunately the manual, I did down load a manual, wasn't much help. But that one modeler that came to my rescue helped by explaining what I had.

This is the port that the right most arrow is pointing to. There is a small icon that looks like a monitor screen. The other two ports to the left of that can also be connected to a monitor.

This is the port under the right most arrow.

And this is what an HDMI port looks like.

So I had to find a connector to be able to hook the HDMI cable into the port on the computer. This little device takes care of that.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H37FY8Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered two, one for the first computer and one for the second computer.

Also order 4 8gig RAM boards to upgrade the second computer to 32g RAM. The other two will go into the first computer and become the wife's new computer. So I await the adapters which are promised to be here by this Thursday (Mar.4).

Then I can finally down load Fusion 360 and start the learning process.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

Bernd

I'll make this short. I've got both new computers up and running. All it was is a small adapter that converted from the computer video port to the HDMI cable plug. Now all in need to do is add the extra 24gig of RAM. Need to figure out how to tell the computer it's got more brains.

Bernd

deemery

Quote from: Bernd on March 05, 2021, 03:50:15 PM
I'll make this short. I've got both new computers up and running. All it was is a small adapter that converted from the computer video port to the HDMI cable plug. Now all in need to do is add the extra 24gig of RAM. Need to figure out how to tell the computer it's got more brains.

Bernd

It -should be the case- that the computer (even if it's running Windows) figures that out for itself...

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Bernd

Computer is up and running with 16gig of memory. Used the memory card from the first computer. Apparently I got the wrong items. Now for the fun of sending them back.

So I've got fusion 360, DraftSight 2021 and Chitubox loaded and running. Next is some intensive Fusion training watching Paul McWhorter's 13 lessons. Then it'll be on to using the 3D printer and print some model railroad item.

Bernd

Rail and Tie

Quote from: Janbouli on February 27, 2021, 07:38:23 PM
Some of the reviews I read on the Phrozen noted problems with the Z-axle , seriously thinking about this one because of the 4K , will be printing tiny things , so need the best detail possible for the budget . The Phrozen is 400 Euro , a 100 more then the Elegoo and the Anycubic. Should I wait till there are more affordable 4K's out there?

Jan, the new thing this year is going to be 4K and you can bet that you will see new ones popping up shortly from the other manufacturers out there. I am waiting just a bit before I pull the trigger on a Phrozen, as I already have 2 printers going and the Projet already gives me my 35micron resolution in the xy planes.  I figured I can deal with the Z axis flaw by reinforcing the bracket. That is definitely a design flaw on their part. All their other printed do not have that issue.

When looking at a printer for the detail you want in N scale, you need the xy resolution to be as high as possible. The z resolution is controlled by the stepper which is just layer thickness. Reducing the Z steps gives you a cleaner looking print, but does not add to the feature size possible when you reduce the x/y resolution as you do when you go to 4K.  Also, some printers have 4K screens, but use a lensing effect to cover a larger build area. In other words those printers are basically enlarging the pixel so you are back to 50 microns. Again in HO, you don't see as big of difference, but in N you definitely will.

... back to our regularly scheduled program "BERND'S ADVENTURES IN TEACHING THE COMPUTER NEW TRICKS!"
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

Bernd

Some good info added there Darryl.

So after I got all the software loaded and working I followed the first two lesson by Paul. Got to the point where it was sent to the printer. My road took a bit of a turn. I discovere Fusion did want to export my file an STL. Some kin of cloud issue. I did want to send it to Autocad Meshmixer program. So I downloaded that sent the file from Fusion to it and then save it from Meshmixer in STL form into a folder. I was able to get it into Chitubox and slice it. So I have a bit of a longer path but I can get there from here. A few more lessons and then perhaps I may try printing something. First I need to decide on a resin product.

So that's it for now.

Bernd