Thursday March 4, 2021

Started by Jim Donovan, March 04, 2021, 08:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Donovan

Late start today I guess. Weather great, coffee even better. We have the bathroom being redone so I will be staying in home today. Hope everyone has a great day.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Quite an amazing day at the Canyon yesterday. Photo attached.

Enjoy your days!

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Good morning! It turned cold here again, no melting going on today.  I'm planning on working on my layout most of the day. I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

tooStupid

Morning,

Hmm, the average house price in Toronto is now $1m CDN ... average middle class income is $70K CDN and average unemployment is the highest in decades. How can anybody afford to buy craftsman kits at all?

Jerry

Morning everyone

Nice picture Craig.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/38.  Later on 45.
Nice day!

Work continues on the Mill.

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Blazeman

Checking in from SE PA where it's clear, a slight breeze, and chilly again. Warming trend next week we're told.

All have a good day.

Larry

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Just working for the weekend on this end.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

deemery

Quote from: JusticeCity on March 04, 2021, 08:55:12 AM
Morning,

Hmm, the average house price in Toronto is now $1m CDN ...

Yeah, but it's only 1m Loonies.  :-)*

Nothing accomplished on the RR front yesterday, and class and errands today (and tomorrow morning).  I really need to get a better steaming body, to generate power to work on the layout.

dave

*  for the record, we still have a bunch of $ CDN in RRSPs from when we worked in Canada.  So I do actually track the value of the Loonie.

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

NKP768

Officially restarted our racing program as teams left for testing in West Palm yesterday and then Gatornationals in Gainesville following weekend. Been a long axx year! Just ordered my Bonney's Wrenches after seeing(and drooling over) John and Steve's build threads. Web site says only 2 left - better hurry.

Hope every one has a great day.

Doug

MAP

Good morning!  Another sunny, cool day here.  Waiting for the 2nd pot of coffee to brew, then chores will take up my morning.  I've also got a bunch of Loonies and Toonies from our yearly fishing trip to Canada (which was cancelled last year).  Hope the borders open up by August so we can head back up.  Be safe!
Mark

jerryrbeach

Good morning. 

Blustery here with wind chills in the single digits accompanied by snow squalls.  Of course, the snow stopped just as I was putting the tractor away after feeding the cows, still windy.  All in all, shorts and T shirt weather in upstate NY. 

Craig, breathtaking photo, thanks for sharing.

Marty, my son lives and works in Toronto and told me about housing prices there some time ago.  From what he said they're pretty much the same as prices in southern California.  Fortunately, his employer has gone 100% remote and announced that they have no plan to ever return their staff to a full time office environment.  That opened the door for him to find a place to live with lower housing costs so he can afford to buy a home. 

Working on the layout today, making changes to the yard module so it will fit behind the door.  Once that is done I'll still have a couple connector pieces to build to tie all the modules together.

Everyone have a great day!
Jerry

tooStupid

Quote from: jerryrbeach on March 04, 2021, 10:42:21 AM

Marty, my son lives and works in Toronto and told me about housing prices there some time ago.  From what he said they're pretty much the same as prices in southern California.  Fortunately, his employer has gone 100% remote and announced that they have no plan to ever return their staff to a full time office environment.  That opened the door for him to find a place to live with lower housing costs so he can afford to buy a home. 

Jerry, we bought our house 35 years ago for $67K CDN and the one behind us sold for $1M just a week ago or so.  On a brighter note the simulation packages, etc and my daughter working from home has allowed her to pay off her student loan. I doubt that she will ever own a home, anywhere, and at best will have to rent for the rest of our lives. So is the life of a millennial today.

ReadingBob

Regarding housing prices and working from home.  Both my son and I are currently working from home.  In his case the office is open but he and a few others are still working from home.  It may be because they're actually running out of office space.  He's fine with working from home. 

I was talking to my Financial Advisor the other day doing some retirement planning and he had questions about our biggest concerns and things to chose from like "Medical Expenses", etc. One of them was "Children moving back home".  Both the wife and I laughed and said "Don't they have to move out first?"  ;D  ;D  ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.