Sunday, March 7

Started by Blazeman, March 07, 2021, 06:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazeman

First week of March is about done.  One more week of standard time.

Clear and chilly in SE PA this AM.

Made a lot of progress yesterday dismantling my friend's layout.  Sad thing.  Amazing how he designed and constructed his benchwork, especially around the oil tank. 

Relaxing day here planned, even though heater not igniting.  Playing waiting game with plumber/heating man.  Thank goodness we have backup heat pumps that are still efficient with these lower temps.

Stay warm....better days coming for us folks in the higher latitudes.

Larry

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

It's supposed to break 60 degrees today.   :)  I can enjoy it walking to the car after work.   :(

Jeff

MAP

Mark

Mecrr22

Had a rather bizarre mishap yesterday.  Sitting at my modeling desk and a kitchen style cupboard that is above it suddenly fell and landed on my desk. Amazingly the only damage to me was a moderate size scalp laceration and a total mess of modeling paraphernalia on the floor.  Cabinet hung on French cleat system must not have engaged properly.  Can't even yell at installer since it was me😏. Plan to clean up mess and install again with help to make sure safe this time. Have a safe day all. Scott
Scott Hurley (MECRR22)

Jerry

Morning everyone

Weather in South Jersey sunny/25.  Later on 42.
Looks like a week of 60's coming up after Tuesday.
So say the "Weather Weenies"!

Work continues on the Mill.

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Dennis Bourey

Good Morning All, Good luck Scott...Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Good morning!  Jeff you need to share those warmer temperatures with us, it's still cold here. I plan on working on the railroad most of the day. I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Morning all,

Have a safe and healthy day ya'll.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Folks;

Scott sounds like you were extremely lucky.. The Boss is off to shop so I have the day to putter on workbench.

Have great day folks..

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Wow Scott!  That must have been quite a surprise.  Glad to hear you weren't hurt too badly.   :o

Workbench time today.  That's it.  Nothing else.  Just the way I like it.   ;D

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Raymo

Morning. Scott did you say any "bad" words?

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Teens to start the day here.  Not a big deal because I'm planning to be inside most of the day working on the railroad.

Everyone have a safe and productive day!
Jerry

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Checking all my kitchen cupboards today!

(in case you didn't see my message yesterday, this is "Rusty Robot")

deemery

Scott, glad to hear you survived stuff falling off the walls...

Chilly morning, lows in the teens, should get above freezing today.  I think the sap will run today, certainly tomorrow and Tuesday.  They're predicting low 60s by Thursday, but then back to more seasonable weather.  Ah, spring in New England... 

Yesterday I did more work on those small hoppers.  They're almost done, just need brakestaff and loads.  I'm pondering how to do loads, I probably need to get fresh mold supplies. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to