Monday, March 15, 2021

Started by Opa George, March 15, 2021, 05:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opa George

Happy Monday to all!

I'm ready to start the week!  Today marks eleven months to retirement.  That is an ok way to face a Monday.

--Opa George

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Boy, eleven months sounds a whole lot better that thirty-seven months George.  I'm working with my Financial Advisor to see if I can trim at least six months off of that total though.   ;)

Cleaned off the workbench yesterday.  I need to take some final pictures of Moscone's and finish off that build thread.  I also picked out two small kits, Linda's Luncheonette from KC Workshop and the Row House on Concord Street from Carolina Craftsman Kits, to build next.  I'm not sure whether I'll do a build thread on them or not.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Keep It Rusty

37 months sounds a whole lot better than 400 months. I've a little way to go yet.

To the grindstone today.

Have a good one, all.

MAP

Good morning!  Nice pic Bob.  A chilly day on tap here, so I better stay inside and have some fun with trains.  Be safe!
Mark

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Getting ready for another work day, and a fun commute.  It's pouring out now, which is supposed to change to snow any minute.   :P

Jeff

WigWag Workshop

Hey Der Folks!

Low 40's today. Wrapping up a long project at work this week.  No other plans for today.

Have a Great Day All!

-Steven

A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

ACL1504

Morning all,

Well yesterday my day in the train room turned out to be a day in the back yard removing two small flowering trees. Yesterday was the Ides of March, not today.  8)

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Blazeman

Checking in from SE PA under clear, breezy, and seasonal conditions. May have to move the wiring work on the switching module indoors.   Yesterday was tax-free shopping for us....went down to Delaware. Plus gas there is is $.30-.40 cheaper (Trump prices). 

Attic work today.  Wife is clearing space. 

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Larry

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Good morning! We are back in the cooler temperatures again here for a few days. I guess I will have to work on my layout ;) . I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

deemery

Bob, consider health insurance as part of your early retirement planning.  You can do CORBA for 18 months, I think.  Otherwise, you'll get some "sticker shock" when you look at individual health insurance costs (even with Obamacare plans.)

Yesterday I did some trackwork, with the turnout for the switcher turntable lead.  I can't fit that nice small coaling tower where I wanted it, so I'll have to do a small coal dock with crane to load up the switcher.  (Anyone interested in a nicely assembled 25t coal tower?)  The white paper is where the coal dock will go between the two tracks.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Late checking in this morning.  Just back from the chiropractor.  Moving a couple hay feeders using brute strength and stupidity over the weekend wasn't the smartest idea I've had in some while.

Still in the teens as I type this, with a high below freezing.  Windy, too.  Brr!  I'll be inside much of the day, planning to squeeze in at least a little work on the layout. 

Everyone have a safe and productive day!
Jerry

chris.mincemoyer

Spent the weekend in Altoona, caught coal moving east and westbound on the east slope.