Another SWSM Loco and Services shop Dio

Started by EricQuebec, March 15, 2021, 06:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricQuebec

Hi Everybody,
I've spent the last seven month to assemble the Sierra West scale model Loco and Service shop kit.
What a funny and very amazing kit.
I took the opportunity to repaint and customize a little bit my twenty-five year old MDC roundhouse Shay. ANd make a first try to paint a cloudy sky for backdrop following the excellent video tutorial by Jasan Jensen.
feel free to comment
Eric

Dennis Bourey

Eric, It took you seven month's? That would of taken me 2 year's. That's a Beautiful job sir.Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

EricQuebec

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on March 15, 2021, 07:16:28 PM
Eric, It took you seven month's? That would of taken me 2 year's. That's a Beautiful job sir.Dennis
Thank you Dennis :)

jerryrbeach

Eric,

Beautiful modeling!  I really like the peeling paint, it looks very realistic to me.  The details are great, too.  The placement of them is so natural, great color choices and weathering of them, too.
Jerry

EricQuebec

Quote from: jerryrbeach on March 15, 2021, 09:50:15 PM
Eric,

Beautiful modeling!  I really like the peeling paint, it looks very realistic to me.  The details are great, too.  The placement of them is so natural, great color choices and weathering of them, too.
Thank you Jerry. the technic to obtain the peeling paint is very well explain in the kit instruction booklet. in large line, it consist to follow 4 step : 1- stain the plank with Ai solution, 2- apply a coat of chalk and Alcool, 3 - apply a coat of mineral spirit and acrylic paint  and finally, 4 - peeling the paint with tape. after a fex test. it work perfecctly. It's one of the one the technic explain in the instruction.
Eric.

Rail and Tie

Excellent modeling Eric. I love the roof. Very nice build.
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

EricQuebec

ReadingBob

Excellent modeling Eric!  Everything looks spot on.  The finish of the walls, the details castings, etc.  I could just go on and on about what I like since there's nothing I don't like.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

S&S RR

Fantastic work Eric.  It's all about the details and you nailed it.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hey Eric:

Wow what can I say but gorgeous modeling.

Karl

Bernd

Beautiful modeling. Always enjoy looking a beautifully built dioramas. Very inspirational.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

Keep It Rusty

Very nice work, Eric.

Your time has been well spent!

GPdemayo

Excellent job Eric.....the build and details are top drawer.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

tom.boyd.125

Eric,
Great way to keep busy for several months.
You did this kit proud and it came out great.
The peeling paint finish is fantastic !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com