Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Started by Opa George, March 16, 2021, 05:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opa George

Good morning, all,

I'll switch the forum lights on today and start the coffee pot. One pot of decaf and one pot of full strength.  Tea anyone?

Have a great day!
--Opa George

ReadingBob

Morning all,

I'll have tea please.  I never did develop a taste for coffee.  :P

I opened up a small KC's Workshop kit, Linda's Luncheonette, yesterday and started messing around with that.

I wonder if these grand old ladies are still standing?  They were in pretty sad shape last time I saw them.  Jeff Grove (Carolina Craftsman Kits) turned them into a neat little kit at one point and Vilius did an outstanding build thread on them.  Check out CCK The Shoppe's on Concord Street if you have a chance.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

MAP

Good morning!  Another cool, sunny day on tap here. I did make it down to the layout yesterday, but all I did was stare at it....I'll remedy that today.  Be safe!
Mark

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Another day, another dollar.  Getting ready for work.

Jeff

WigWag Workshop

Hey Der Folks!

50's and rain for today. No plans other than the work day. Really like todays picture Bob!

Have a Great Day All!

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

S&S RR

Good morning.  Light coating of snow on the ground this morning just to make sure we don't think it's spring, yet. It is supposed to get into the 40's today so it should be gone by noon. The coffee sure tastes good this morning, we need to get George to open more often. I need to spend more time on my challenge build, today.  Only a month to go! I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Morning all,

I had a visit from Dave Barron yesterday, NMRA master modeler and 2X past pres. of the local chapter. Wants me to join, not going to happen. Nuff said about that. I prefer to be a GDI.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

That's all I got...
Jerry

NKP768

Tom,
Did you give him the Gilligan - "Lone wolf howl"?

Doug

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Dennis Bourey

Good Morning All, I agree with John, Need to meet forum members at George's. Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

deemery

Last night I discovered rail on 2 of my curved turnouts has broken loose.  Of course they're in hard-to-reach places.  Today maybe if I can build up the tolerance, I'll try respiking them.  NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT.  If I were doing the layout over, I think I'd pay $$$ to have someone come and do the trackwork.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Started modeling some of the street for the Rocky Point Harbor yesterday. Will share updates soon.

Got hit with a couple inches of snow yesterday. Can't believe that joke!

Enjoy your chilly Tuesday!

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Folks. Suppose to be a warm one today but it beats snow for sure.

I joined the NMRA a couple of years ago. I found a lot of great people at the local level but it does get pretty stuffy when I meet higher ups. For some reason a part of the organization feels they have earned the right to tell others the 'correct' way to approach the hobby. Still it's their organization so within it they can do what they want. I enjoy the comrade at the division level and have stopped trying to fit in with the 'right mind' part of organization. Overall, for me, it has been a positive experience but not central to my enjoyment of the hobby.

As for meeting up at George's I'm in!

Jim D

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

jrmueller

Good morning. I feel the same way about NMRA as Jim D.  Have enjoyed the local but no longer able to attend.  Also membership even without the magazine is just too expensive. Jim M
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad