Fos Scale Bandit's Roost Build

Started by craftsmankits, January 05, 2021, 10:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craftsmankits

Today is the Mod Podge Gloss addition to the water surface.  I lifted Luke Towan's use of an airbrush to push the mod podge around.  He's probably not the first to do this, but his video's are readily available on Youtube for many water techniques.  I worked in small areas, and finished the first layer in around 30 - 40 minutes.  I removed the lifted edges from the resin pour, and sanded the sides, but haven't added any resin to the sides of the diorama.

craftsmankits

Here are a couple more pics.  I'll also mention that I made a sample wave using Liquitex Gloss Heavy Gel a few weeks ago, and liked the outcome.  While a still a little cloudy within the wave after a couple of weeks.  I still enjoy the effect.  I'm not making big waves, just a few small ones.  The Liquitex kept a crisp edge at the top of the wave, and I'm not so sure Woodland Scenics water waves will leave 'crisp' edges.  I could be wrong, and would like to hear from others that have made waves, with either product, or another reasonable substitute. 

I'm modeling a relatively calm conditions.

Mark

craftsmankits

That's about it for now.  The Mod Podge was still wet in the photos, and dried clear.  Thought I should mention that. 

Mark

cuse

That looks really promising. Please share some closeups when it dries...beautiful setting[size=78%].[/size]

John

carl b

Mark-
Just read through all 10 pages of this thread, excellent work all around...
Carl

Opa George

That's a beautiful water effect.
--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL