Artitec Model TT Truck kit build.

Started by Raymo, March 25, 2021, 07:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

I figured I'd show off my next build here on the forum. I purchased this kit from Reynauld's for $15.00 US, which really isn't out of touch with kits of similar style. I was surprised when I opened that it wasn't injected plastic but resin and photo etched brass. It gave me a little appreciation for the price of the built ups when I saw the detail in the photo etch.

Raymo

The resin parts are molded fairly clean

Raymo

The photo etch sheet and clear acetate.

Raymo

The directions sheet is similar to most model kits

Raymo

This build won't be super-fast as I'm using it as filler work for other projects on the bench. I just wanted to show off another alternative to the loss of Jordan's

postalkarl

Hey Raymo:

I shall be following along.

Karl

GPdemayo

Interesting with the resin and brass parts.....looking forward to seeing how this all comes together.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

bparrish

Pretty cool.

Are these coming directly from England or is there a US supplier?

Thanx
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Raymo

Bob, Artitec is based in the Netherlands. Reynauld's is I think in the Chicago area and deals in European trains. I also bought some built ups from MB Klein in Baltimore.

Jim Donovan

Looks very interesting, I am looking forward to another get build.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Keep It Rusty

A couple weeks ago I was looking at these and left curious about their build quality. Looks like you are answering that for me.

Very cool.

Rail and Tie

A little while back, I ordered a few of the Artitec kits as well, including the Omnibus.  It seems that they are backordered a bit, but I am really looking forward to the Omnibus.

Can't wait to see Master Raymo in action on this one.
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

tom.boyd.125

Dan,
Not familiar with these models...will watch you work your magic on them...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Raymo

Thanks everyone for showing interest in this build. I've been poking around with this kit a couple minutes at a time, usually when I'm home at lunch. So I started with removing the sprues on the bottom of the fenders which I marked with black marker.