Friday (T.G.I.F!) - 03/26/2021

Started by ReadingBob, March 26, 2021, 06:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

T.G.I.F!  Especially after the day I had a work yesterday.   :o  Tomorrow I have to take my better half to get her second jab of the vaccine.  I'm a couple of weeks behind her on that front.  Sprinkler repair after that and then workbench time.  Just need to survive today.  ::)

Paint your wagon?

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Morning Bob and others,

Today marks 1 year of Jim Miller's passing.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Folks;
Hard to believe it has been one year. Prayer to those in the South, it sounds like yesterday was an extremely rough day.

Today just plan to enjoy the day. Hope you do too.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Back in the house from morning chores.  Chiropractor this morning, I need to hit the shower and get ready to leave.  Strong thunderstorms this morning (30 miles away on the radar) with wind gusts up to 60MPH throughout the day in the forecast.  Still much better than the weather was in Alabama this week.  Quick trip to the local (25 miles each way) hobby shop to pick up more cork roadbed after my chiropractic appointment. 

Everyone stay safe and have a great day!
Jerry

MAP

Mark

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

I have a three day weekend.   :) I'm planning a lazy morning, afternoon and evening. 

Jeff

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Up early today, spouse driving me to the hospital for the second shot today, Sandy will receive her's on Monday...
That tornado outbreak was something this week...Stay Safe...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Blazeman

Sleepy-head checking in on this cloudy, soon to be windy Friday.

Email this morning advising my "shot" is next Friday. At last.

Made a lightning trip yesterday over to where Jersey Jerry lives (Toms River) to pick up some discontinued tiling for son #2.  Left at 7:10, back home at 11:20. Nice drive, but lots of tolls.

Now to figure out what I have to do today.

All be safe.

Larry

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Tough day yesterday. Not only was it two years following the passing of my grandfather, the world saw it fit to take my wife's grandfather too. COVID struck him and took him within a day.

Not only that, but also a family friend suffered the same fate within the hour.

Take care of yourselves folks.

TFIF.

Dennis Bourey

So Sorry for your lost Craig.  Morning Everyone.
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

jrmueller

A not so good morning for many of our friends and countrymen. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Opa George

Taking a moment to remember everyone -- family, friends -- no longer with us.

Our School Counselor, a dedicated and hard-working young woman, has long advocated "mindfulness" to a stressed faculty and staff as a good coping mechanism. Despite being an aging hippy, I have pretty much dismissed it privately (I would never disrespect her in front of co-workers) as feel-good stuff.  But lately I'm not so sure.

The idea of being intentionally aware of and appreciative of the present moment does have merit. And in particular, to appreciate the people that surround us every day--that seems particularly appropriate nowadays.

Have a wonderful day, everyone. I am happy to have everyone here as a part of my daily routine. If you are going through a particularly tough day, my thoughts are with you.

Opa George

PaulS

Quote from: Opa George on March 26, 2021, 11:34:08 AM
Taking a moment to remember everyone -- family, friends -- no longer with us.

Our School Counselor, a dedicated and hard-working young woman, has long advocated "mindfulness" to a stressed faculty and staff as a good coping mechanism. Despite being an aging hippy, I have pretty much dismissed it privately (I would never disrespect her in front of co-workers) as feel-good stuff.  But lately I'm not so sure.

The idea of being intentionally aware of and appreciative of the present moment does have merit. And in particular, to appreciate the people that surround us every day--that seems particularly appropriate nowadays.

Have a wonderful day, everyone. I am happy to have everyone here as a part of my daily routine. If you are going through a particularly tough day, my thoughts are with you.

Opa George

Craig, along with others here, my thoughts are with you and family for your loss.

And George, and very well said with the intention of remaining mindful of those in our lives that add positively to our journey and help us enjoy the precious present.

All the best to all and thanks for sharing your talents and camaraderie here,
--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway