Scratch Built Rock Crusher Building

Started by Bernd, February 20, 2021, 02:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernd

Quote from: nycjeff on March 29, 2021, 05:22:26 PM
Hello Bernd, I'm following your build with great interest. I like your idea of using the chipboard for bracing instead of strip-wood. One question though, does the added thickness make it harder to cut out the door and window openings ?   Jeff

Hey Jeff,

I wasn't thinking ahead with the door and window cutouts. After I laminated the two materials together I figured I could still cut out the openings. Now I'm not cutting all the way through. Just through the wood. In the first picture of this thread is a picture of the prototype building. You'll see that they had some kind of opening. No explanation was given in the write up. I plan on just adding some wooden boards to simulate what could be a hinged opening. I do have bracing on the back, 1/4" square basswood. I'll have pics up when I assemble the walls.

I've got to get my butt in gear and do those doors. Right now I'm sort of stuck on what color to paint the whole upper section. I haven't had much experience in weathering and don't quite know what color to make the building. I'm thinking some sort of barn red or boxcar red color weathered.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds