Wednesday - April 14, 2021

Started by ReadingBob, April 14, 2021, 06:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Ten minutes at the work bench last night soldering a couple of connections I forgot to solder when I put some lights in a structure.  After that I cleaned off some of the paints that had accumulated on my small workbench and made room for the next project.   ;)

A shot from Howard Zane's magnificent layout.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Morning Bob and others,

Our visit to Howard's sure was fun. What a beautiful layout.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

BandOGuy

Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Interesting that Tom found an ACL loco and Bob an LV (not Reading, but close), on Howard's layout.   :)   Here I've spent the last week or so with other projects.  The ceiling tiles for the electrician, which still aren't all replaced, stuff for work, which took a lot more time than I thought it would, and a few days looking for a car.  I managed to find on line about 7 "possibilities" for the car.  Five were already sold, and the other two dealers had deals that were easy to pass up.  The first wanted $5K over the MSRP plus 1500 for "Ceramic coating".  No negotiating there.  The second wanted $3K over, $900 for "etching the VIN all over the car, so thieves couldn't sell it for parts", and only 8K for my car, which two separate sites note it's worth $12 K in a trade.  I forgot how much I hate car dealers.  We started $15K apart, after several calls we were just over 4K apart.  But I walked (actually, sat, as the dealer was near Chicago).

Jeff

S&S RR

Good morning! Great pictures from a great layout this morning.  That was a fun trip. I'm heading back to work on the cleanup of my mother's house this morning. We just need to power through this. I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Jim Donovan

Good Morning folks;

Great photos guys. Slept late this morning. Found a great local restaurant on Lake Panasoffkee yesterday, reminded me of a place up near Jacksonville I haunted in my 20's. Called Big Bass Restaurant and Marina. If you go order the Cajun shrimp boil.

Today plan to enjoy the day modeling and fixing a fan, most likely not in that order.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

MartyO

Morning,

I was scheduled for my COVID jab today, but it got cancelled last night because of supply issues.  I managed to get one for tomorrow 10 miles away.
Marty

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

COVID shot for us next week.

For now, in light of a new project on the bench, thought I'd share this:

deemery

Doc Jeff, I really hate buying a vehicle, the business is institutionally crooked.  (I learned a bit about the inside from my brother-in-law who sold cars for a while.  That business was too nasty even for him!)  There are some advantages to the fixed price places like CarMax. 

We're just back in from walking the dogs, it's nice now, but turning colder and cloudy tonight.  We hope we get the rain they're promising on Friday, we really need rain! 

No training for me today, I've been cleaning up the home office.  I found some give-away items from an old computer conference, companies that are long gone...  But I did have to smile when I saw them.  Also a photo from 20 years ago of my brother and his (5 year old?) daughter each playing a bagpipe chanter.  Very cute!  And of course, lots of dried out pens....  Plus probably 20 small screwdrivers (Torx, Philips #0) from computer projects...   Oh, and a roll of (presumably exposed) 35mm B&W film.  There's a company that still does film developing in town, so I dropped it off with them.  It'll be fun to see what (if anything) they find on that roll. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

tom.boyd.125

Afternoon check in today...
Had no power for a while today but did stay up until 2am before it went out to finish up and submit the Federal, MN. State, and WI. State taxes...
Just have to help our daughter finish up her taxes today, rather get them in now even with the new deadline date.
Nice photos today from Bob, Tom, and Craig...never been to see Zane's layout but did purchase his hard cover RR color book when it was half price years back.
Stay Safe !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com