Make it Oily (O-Scale Machinery)

Started by Keep It Rusty, May 06, 2021, 09:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

Thanks, Bob!

Can't wait to show off the new machine next week!

Keep It Rusty

Life and work absorbed me for most of last week, but I got my new machine done!

This is based off a Rockford Open-Sided Planer from the 1940's. I have also produced a hydraulic pump unit that sits alongside the machine, and I'll get that finished and upload more photos of the whole setup very soon.

Print time is 3.5 hours for the entire machine, pump unit included. The entire model is 23 separate pieces, with the bed and arms fully moveable, if so desired.

ReadingBob

Wow.  I mean WOW!  That's amazing.   :o  ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

cuse

vinceg

Man, so much to look at - the shiny metal surfaces, the faded industrial green paint, the wear on the smooth painted surfaces, the worn paint exposing the metal underneath, and of course, all the intricate details. Such a joy to look at. I can only imagine this, in a shop, part of a building, part of a diorama, sitting on a layout. How could one possibly drink all that in?
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

Keep It Rusty

Bob, John, Vince... thanks so much! So glad you guys like it. Appreciate your keen eye, Vince! It's that detail that keeps me coming back time and again to these machines. More machines soon, too!

As this is my own, I'm thinking on producing this machine as a limited-run kit. And I'll be experimenting with it in HO.

fbernard65

Craig,

This is another amazing model.

Frank

Keep It Rusty

Thanks for your continued support, Frank!

Zephyrus52246

Wonderful work on the machines.  Such detail and realistic finishes.

Jeff

Bernd

Craig,

Having worked in a machine shop for over 30 years I have to say you captured what a machine looks like after years of use in a greasy, oily, dusty environment. Nice job.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Keep It Rusty

Jeff, Bernd, Bob — thanks! There's something about the oil and grease and heavy use that just keeps me coming back to these little suckers!

Already at work on the next.

GPdemayo

The latest looks great Craig.....if only we could get wood and metal working machines with this detail in HO.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 18, 2021, 11:01:13 AM
The latest looks great Craig.....if only we could get wood and metal working machines with this detail in HO.  8)

Thanks, Greg. And standby, I'm gonna run a test with the Planer in HO soon.

GPdemayo

Quote from: Keep it Rusty on May 18, 2021, 11:23:13 AM
Quote from: GPdemayo on May 18, 2021, 11:01:13 AM

Thanks, Greg. And standby, I'm gonna run a test with the Planer in HO soon.

Sounds like a plan....put me on the list.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL