The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 4

Started by ACL1504, May 31, 2021, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

I'll be adding more LEDs under the loading docks. Once I've done this and get the structure back in place, I'll add some vegetation up next the stone foundation on the office side.

Continued -
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

This small structure is a FOS kit, Gusano Loco Restaurant. No, Reading Bob didn't build this one. :P

Continued -
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mark Dalrymple

Nice progress, Tom.

Looking very nice.

Cheers, Mark.

ACL1504

The two red leaved and these two fantastic looking trees were all custom built for the A&S RR by Kris Cutler. She and Bill had the Pennsy Layout -

The Pennsy - Six Miles West of Altoona and More.

http://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=313.0

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on June 01, 2021, 06:17:11 PM
Nice progress, Tom.

Looking very nice.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark, Cheers,

Thank you, it's very satisfying to see more progress on the layout.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tct855

ACL 1504,
               Beautiful work and great follow along pictorial as always my friend!  I can't wait for the official full length video of the empire once you have finished tickling the plywood base with all the foam, wood, castings & paint.  8)
                                                                                  Thanx Thom...

postalkarl

HeyTom:

Looks just great. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

GPdemayo

Looks like you're going "Greg Speed" on Tahope Tom..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jbvb

James

Jerry

Tom thanks for the update it's looking just fine!
Wonderful job!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl

Tom:

I really have to tell you that i really like how your grass and trees look. Always enjoy your photos.

Karl

ReadingBob

Things are really shaping up wonderfully on this end of Tahope!  I sure am looking forward to the next installment.   ;) 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

S&S RR

Tom

Great progress! It really looks good. Seeing you get motivated is helping me get moving, too.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Judge

Tom - I really like the way this area is shaping up. 

You can tell the residents of Tahope County are forward-thinking by enticing a Cuban couple to open Gusano's Loco Restaurant south of the Tahope River.  There were very few Cubans in Florida in 1950.  There were a few in Miami, but most of the Cubans lived in Tampa and worked in the cigar industry or in one of the many excellent Cuban restaurants in the area.  I particularly remember Spanish Park and the Columbia.  I hope Gusano serves Trout Russian Style and Shrimp Valdez with fried plantains.  BTW, I do not think the "Loco" in the restaurant name refers to locomotives.  You might want to Google Gusano's daughter, Yanet Garcia, who moved to Mexico to become the most famous weather girl on television.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7xrjql