RailRoad Forums

Started by Jerry, June 05, 2021, 08:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Just in case anyone wanted to know the status of the RR Line Forum.

My friend Rick and admin over there sent me an email.

He has ordered new servers and other stuff.
Going to take at least a few more weeks.

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Keep It Rusty

I don't generally use the RR-Line forums (I find it clunky to navigate), but I do feel for them if they suffered a viral attack.

Porting a forum is difficult even when you're prepared...

Jerry

Actually Craig he's been wanting to change over for a long time.

But what also worried him was about losing posts when he does the conversion.

Hopefully it will be a lot easier for us to post pictures there.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

jbvb

Thanks for the update, Jerry.  I'm rooting for Joe accomplishing the complete transfer.  There's a lot of content from people I knew, but will never see again.
James

friscomike

Thanks for the update, Jerry!  ~mike c

WigWag Workshop

Appreciate you sharing the update
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

S&S RR

Jerry

We are wishing them the best. There is some great content and hobby history there, that I would hate to see the hobby loose.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Jerry

Your so right John.

There is so much history of guys who posted there and are no longer with us.
And would be a dam shame to lose all that.

Jerry

Jerry

In case anyone is interested a update on the RR Line Forum.

Slow going.. ordered some new equipment to host the forum on should be here this week .. then can setup and install the new server software ( server 2019 ) which I already received .. then to install the new forum software .. at that point I will have to wait for the other company to migrate all the old pictures and info to ..

Mark Dalrymple

Thanks for the update, Jerry.

Cheers, Mark.

Keep It Rusty

Helluva process. I hope it goes well for them.

S&S RR

Jerry

Thank you for the update. I hope they can get it up and running again.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

swisstrain

I too appreciate the update and hope that you will be able to get the forums RailRoad forums back up.

Hope that you will get it back working!

deemery

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

tct855

I hope when it comes back up it's easier to post pics than having to use all the HTML crap!  :o ??? ::) :( :P :-\