Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 4) Started 8/14/21

Started by S&S RR, August 14, 2021, 08:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on September 13, 2021, 02:57:27 AM
Hey John:

Both the station and Sayles Mill look just beautiful. Can't wait to see them finsihed and on the layout.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for your kind words, my friend. It will not be long now before we can see what they look like on the layout.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Update: I made some more progress on the Eagles Nest Depot and the Sayles Mill builds, today.  I completed the roof for the freight depot and started to add the detail castings.  Many more to come. I also added a couple LED lights to the front top corners of the freight station so the interior detail will be visible through the open doors. The Sayles Mill has the annex building glued in place and a loading dock added to the annex building.  The deck will be covered by a roof.

John Siekirk

deemery

Primary colors are hard to pull off without looking toy-like, the yellow here is great! 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

postalkarl

Hey John:

Both of these builds look just beautiful. Can't wait to see them finished.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on September 14, 2021, 11:48:02 AM
Primary colors are hard to pull off without looking toy-like, the yellow here is great! 

dave

Dave

Thank you for the kind words.  I agree that some colors are more challenging than others - I wasn't very happy with the yellow until I started to weather it.
John Siekirk

Lynnb

Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: Today, I took the final workbench photographs of the Eagles Nest Depot build.  I will make the final workbench changes from these photographs and then move the model to the layout for final detailing. So here are the photographs:

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

vinceg

Gorgeous once again, John.

That's a lot of wires going into the base. Do you have separate lighting circuits that you plan to animate/sequence in some way?
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

Jerry

Wonderful!!  This will a great addition to the layout!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Bernd

Great work and great detail.

What kind of foam board is the model set on? Is it stable enough for what you used it for? Thanks.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds