Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 4) Started 8/14/21

Started by S&S RR, August 14, 2021, 08:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on October 15, 2021, 09:57:23 AM
John,

The roundhouse and turntable areas are looking fantastic.

Think how much we would get done it not for taking, uploading, cropping and then posting our updates.   :-X

Well done.

Tom  ;D

Tom

Thank you for following along and your comments. The posting takes some time but if it helps someone in the hobby get over an issue or avoid an issue then it's time well spent.  And the truth be told, I do look back once in awhile to remember how I did something.  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D  I'm sure you have never done that Tom.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on October 15, 2021, 12:47:40 PM
Quote from: ACL1504 on October 15, 2021, 09:57:23 AM
Think how much we would get done it not for taking, uploading, cropping and then posting our updates.   :-X

The rest of us here would be -much the poorer- without the efforts by John, Tom, Bob, et.al. to document their builds.  Those provide both instruction and inspiration.

dave

Dave

As you know the help and inspiration goes both ways.  And as I mentioned in my response to Toms's post - build threads like this one really help document the build for me, too. I have a chronological photo album with narration of my layout build and it may even help someone with their layout build.  Yes - time well spent. I hope everyone continues on for the journey.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here are a few progress photographs after I added the crew quarters to the Eagles Nest yard. The baseboard for the Crew Quarters has been sanded in and is ready for the scenery to be added around the edges.

John Siekirk

Bernd

Wow, that area is starting to pop. Looking great.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

postalkarl

Hey John:

All I can Say Is WOWWIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful job.

Karl

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: Bernd on October 17, 2021, 06:36:37 PM
Wow, that area is starting to pop. Looking great.

Bernd

Bernd

Thank you, I'm adding a little more detail every day.
John Siekirk

John B

Keep It Rusty

Wonderful to see the vista of this area. Really brings your work to life. Well done!

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on October 17, 2021, 11:09:41 PM
Hey John:

All I can Say Is WOWWIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful job.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for comments and dedication to following this thread.  I spent some time looking at this scene and decided I need to complete 4 smaller structure builds to figure out how I want to place the remaining structures.  So it's back to the workbench for a few weeks and then I will return to the scenery and structure placement.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Raymo on October 18, 2021, 07:34:45 AM
Awesome scene John!

Dan

Thank you.  It's going to look a lot better when I start adding those awesome Raymond vehicle builds.  Oh and Dan's Taxi
Service is going to be placed at the North End of the Eagles Nest Depot. In Eagles Nest some of Dan's best customers have taken the Train to the Eagles Nests Depot on their way to the hunting and fishing camps in the surrounding mountains.  Dan will need some special equipment for those fares.  He has a 4x4 trail to Beach Farms when he needs to rent some horses to complete the trip.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: John B on October 18, 2021, 09:26:29 AM
John

Awesome work.  Will you ever run out of space?

Thank you, John.  I have a commitment to the CFO of the S&S RR that the current acquired square footage must be completed before I go after more. I will be a pretty old man before that happens, so stay tuned.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: That large group of castings grew to 1124 castings, give or take a few,  this morning. This afternoon I got started on the painting. First up, was the castings that are getting a coat of flat white primer.  As I promised, I will take a picture once I have them all painted and in one spot. I have been collecting castings for a long time and this batch includes that collection, plus the castings that came in the boxes for the next 4 builds on my build list. I will be putting a coating of primer on all of these castings, and then doing the detail paintings in much smaller batches.
John Siekirk