Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 4) Started 8/14/21

Started by S&S RR, August 14, 2021, 08:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

The brick wall castings have been painted and the chalk has been applied for the mortar lines on the SRMW O. V. Hooker & son build.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

The plan for tomorrow is to finish up with the subassemblies on the F&SM Tribute build and move it to the my assembly workbench.  I will then add the windows to the brick wall castings for O. V. Hookers and start the assembly process on my layout workbench. I'm also working on the finish detailing of the Sayles Mill - I will take some progress photographs when I get a little farther along.
John Siekirk

Mark Dalrymple

Looking good, John.

Nice washed out looking brickwork.

Cheers, Mark.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on November 21, 2021, 11:11:10 PM
Looking good, John.

Nice washed out looking brickwork.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

Thank you, something a little different on the brick work on this one.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

bparrish

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

S&S RR

Quote from: bparrish on November 23, 2021, 01:20:06 PM
John....

Pretty cool........

Thanx
Bob

Thank you for stopping by, Bob.  I have spent the last couple days painting detail castings. I'm about half way through the big batch that I had primed.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John;

Looks just great so far. I'm following along.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on November 23, 2021, 05:42:50 PM
Hey John;

Looks just great so far. I'm following along.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for following along. I'm in the middle of a week long push to do the detail painting on all of those castings I primed a few weeks back. As soon as I get the detailing workbench cleared I will be moving forward with my builds.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: Lots of build activity on the S&S RR this week.  Wayne Olson joined me, yesterday, for a work session. I will take another round of progress photographs this evening. I'm hoping to get the window castings into the brick walls for the Hooker's build and get the assembly process started, today.
John Siekirk

Jerry

John I see your off to another great start!  Looking forward to seeing this one move along.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on November 28, 2021, 08:45:57 AM
John I see your off to another great start!  Looking forward to seeing this one move along.

Jerry
[/quote

Jerry

Thank you for stopping by the build thread. Lots of in process builds laying all over my workbenches at the present time. I love it when the shop looks used
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  I continue to work on painting the detail castings that I primed a few weeks ago. I'm also working on the brick walls for the Hooker's build. The F&SM Tribute 1 build is at the point where all of the subassemblies have been put together and I have to make decisions about location for the buildings and color for each. I should be to the point where some progress pictures are warranted in the next few days. The casting painting is taking a lot longer than I expected. That is a lot of castings.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: The walls are starting to go together on the Hooker's Build.

John Siekirk