Thursday - August 19, 2021

Started by ReadingBob, August 19, 2021, 06:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

The great thing about working from home is I can use my lunch hour to knock out to-do's around the house so I don't have to deal with them over the weekend.  Today's chore will be picking up a new fill valve for the toilet.  Maybe even installing it too. That leaves me more workbench time over the weekend.   ;)

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Morning Bob and others,

Taking Maddie to the dog groomers this morning and then back to the layout.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

ACL on Cliff Powers Magnolia Route.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MartyO

Morning,

I went looking for grass seed and apparently there is a shortage of seed because of the fires out west. This will be the new normal for the next two years.
Marty

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jerry

Morning

Off to the Doc's!  See if he can figure out why I lost my hearing in one ear a month ago!
Good thing I could get an appointment real fast!  Right!

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

I'll be at Dad's house today with another list of things to do.  Yesterday I added some dirt in areas of the mine tracks and practiced with the WS static grass applicator on a piece of scrap wood for the first time.

Tom I watched a video from the Magnolia Route and all I can say is WOW. I totally understand your inspiration.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Judge

The ACL 1401 was recently selected to head the annual Gator Alumni Train to Jacksonville for the festivities at the Florida/Georgia game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcAgX8DcjME

Raymo

Morning all. Had an early Dr.s appointment this morning and another this afternoon so it will be a screwed up day. Getting a little better with sitting in a chair so I'm get close to start doing something. 👍👍

S&S RR

Good morning! Another special day with the Grandkids. That's it from here.  I hope everyone has a great day.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Keep It Rusty

Morning ramblers.

Been working on some Tichy windows.

deemery

Back from UNH for their mandated pre-semester Covid test, and to pick up test gear for September (every other week for the vaccinated.)  We're getting some more rain in SE NH, the tail end of a tropical storm.  That's OK, we're still well under normal rainfall for the year, but the city says they should relax the mandatory drought restrictions next month.

And there's some bad news to report.  Duncan McRee, Tam Valley Depot, has been diagnosed with lung cancer (even though he never smoked...)  http://tamvalleydepot.com   A lot of his items are out of stock due to parts shortages :-( :-(  Plans going forward for the product line is unclear, based on Duncan's health, parts availability, etc.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Opa George

Quote from: Judge on August 19, 2021, 08:29:58 AM
The ACL 1401 was recently selected to head the annual Gator Alumni Train to Jacksonville for the festivities at the Florida/Georgia game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcAgX8DcjME

Love that video.
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA