Labor Day 2021 - Monday September 6

Started by NEMMRRC, September 06, 2021, 05:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEMMRRC

Howdy,

This is the Best Of Show winner at the 2021 National Narrow Gauge convention recently held in Hickory, NC.

So I tried something different this time around. Even though I brought my DSLR camera to the convention, I did not carry it around my neck live I have in years past. Instead, I left it in the hotel room and used my iPhone to take photos. It was way more convenient and much easier around my neck :-) I did make a few photos of 3 models in the contest room with my DSLR when I was asked as a personal favor to do so.

I hope Craig is doing better at the hospital. I've passed two of those stones years ago and I don't wish that on anyone.

Later.

Jaime

Janbouli

Morning all , hope you all have a great day.
Jaime thanks for sharing all the photo's here.
I love photo's, don't we all.

MartyO

Early morning to all.

The smell of bacon and rain is a weird combination to wake to.
Marty

Keep It Rusty

Such a great build — and thank you for detailing the winners over the years. I've been checking out your website and I'm impressed!

Thanks for your well wishes, too. The nurses are managing my pain well, but it's still a sonofabitch! Looking forward to later this morning when we can move toward dealing with it.

GPdemayo

Present.....hope all is well for you Craig.
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

On this labor day I will continue to labor at Dad's.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

Morning all,

Wishing Craig and full and pain free recovery from the kidney stones.

Not very sure of our plans today. Have a great day ya'll.

Tom   ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Dennis Bourey

Good Morning All, Happy Labor day Craig.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Jerry

Morning everyone

Jaime thanks for the pictures!  As always you did a great job!

Craig hope your home real soon.  Get better my friend!!

I think 3 of th grandkids are on there way down.  Going to the beach for a fun day!!
We will most likely join them later on.

Work continues on the Mill.

Stiches out tomorrow thank God!

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Off today.  Learned how to work a piece of heavy equipment yesterday, a lift platform, so my neighbor could trim a tree in our yard.  At least now I have a marketable work skill.  Good luck with the kidney stones, Craig. 

Jeff

Jim Donovan

Good Morning;

Craig it will get better, it's the getting there I hope is better.  Jamie, again thanks, great photos. You have me thinking of perhaps entering one of the NMRA shows, I have never done something like that.

Anyway,  hope to get 9 holes in this morning and who no's what this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great Labor Day.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

vinceg

Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

Opa George

Good morning, everyone,

Enjoying a long weekend and relaxing today after chores and a family picnic yesterday.

My fig trees are starting to produce nice sized fruit. I got a small harvest last week, and this week they are beginning to bear a quart per day. Most years we eat everything fresh and give bags to co-workers.  The abundant rain and heat might make this the year I figure out how to make fig jam.

Take care everyone.

--Opa George

George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

bparrish

Mornin' all...
George........... you are making my Greek leak out here ! ! !
I grew up on the west side of Chicago in a Greek / Italian neighborhood.  The guy next door, Fidel De Pinto, had a fig tree in the back yard that came over our fence.  It was a amazing that it put up with the cold of Chicago.  I know that he covered it every year so that the snow would not sit on it and he groomed it back each year to manage the size.   Think bonsai ! ! ! ! ! on a grand scale  ! ! !

Gramp would take figs from our side and dry them.  He would slice them thin vertically and lay them out on screens that he took down from the windows late in the summer.  He put them out on the back porch facing the early day sun.

They finished looking like dried kiwi fruit.  It's the only way I liked then or now figs.

I grew up also with his home brew yogurt and wine in barrels in the basement.   To this day I still have my taste for wine but cannot get near any brand of yogurt.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Timbob60

Craig, hope you're better soon. Kidney stones are the worst pain. I've passed several over the years. Although, the last one I passed saved my life.

Geo2rge aka timbob60