FOS' Pub Crawl Build

Started by ACL1504, September 20, 2021, 06:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

The base was painted with Floquil Concrete and set aside to dry. When dry, I used the back of the #11 blade to remove the paint from the joints.

Finished for today. I'll add more tomorrow.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Great looking modeling Tom.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Progress shots look great. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

Mark Dalrymple

Enjoying watching your progress as always, Tom.

Its nice to see you changing things up a bit.  Will be good to see how it turns out.  A bar fight sounds interesting.  When you were deciding on widening the bar I did figures in my head and came up with 11 feet.  Pretty close to what you went with.  Of course the bar could have been at the back of the establishment making the original narrow width plausible.

Cheers, Mark.

GPdemayo

Great idea to separate the pub Tom.....the alley will be a terrific area for a gritty scene. Enjoyed the update.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on November 15, 2021, 06:47:33 PM
Hey Tom:

Progress shots look great. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you and I'm a long way from the finish line so stay tuned.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on November 16, 2021, 12:00:50 AM
Enjoying watching your progress as always, Tom.

Its nice to see you changing things up a bit.  Will be good to see how it turns out.  A bar fight sounds interesting.  When you were deciding on widening the bar I did figures in my head and came up with 11 feet.  Pretty close to what you went with.  Of course the bar could have been at the back of the establishment making the original narrow width plausible.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark, Cheers,

I do like to change the look of most structures I build. Gives it the individual look for the A&S RR. I'll need to find some figures for fighting. If not, I'll have a shooting.

I have been in one restaurant in Chattanooga, TN. that had a narrow entrance that opened to a much larger area in the rear. So, yep, that is indeed plausible.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The Rusty Keg has a corrugated panel roof.

I cut the corrugated strips in half horizontally and then used a new #11 blade to cut them in random widths.

I then used 1" wide 3M transfer tape for securing the panels to the roof deck. The transfer tape was cut longer that the roof decking and will be trimmed later.

More in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The tape overlapped the ridge of the roof.

Instead of folding the tape over the ridge, I laid the roof on the workbench as shown below and then rolled the roof over onto the transfer tape. By doing this, I got a good flat seal on the tape on the roof.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I cut the transfer tape as shown to get a good seal at the top.

I then added the tape to the bottom of the other side.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I cut the excess tape off using the edge of the roof as a guide. By laying the roof down with the bottom up, made it much easier to cut the excess using the edge as the guide.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

After pulling the first piece of tape (paper off the tape) off, I began to add the corrugated panels.

All the panels were added to the roof decking. I overlapped the panels slightly on the edges to they would cover the 1X6 exterior rafters.

I need to make a ridge cap and then paint the panels prior to any weathering.

Done for now.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

That is excellent coloring on the corrugated roofing.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on November 16, 2021, 06:35:43 PM
That is excellent coloring on the corrugated roofing.

Curt,

No paint has been applied as yet. This is just how the corrugated strips came in the kit.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com