FOS' Pub Crawl Build

Started by ACL1504, September 20, 2021, 06:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Here is how the two bay windows fit into the front wall of the Pub Crawl. This photo was taken prior to me painting the two windows.

I mentioned earlier that the large window was spray painted with Polly Scale DTI Cherry Red. The smaller window was painted with Floquil Dark Green.

Finished for now.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Lynnb

Looking good, you do have a nice supply of signs and although sometimes a pain to get them into the scene and on buildings , well worth the challenge.
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

The walls are looking just great so far. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Lynnb on October 13, 2021, 12:53:03 PM
Looking good, you do have a nice supply of signs and although sometimes a pain to get them into the scene and on buildings , well worth the challenge.

Lynn,

Thank you. A supply of signs is always nice to have. Not all signs can be used universally but still nice to have as backups.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on October 13, 2021, 04:23:06 PM
Hey Tom:

The walls are looking just great so far. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you buddy, I'm way behind on the updates.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I'm getting further and further behind on my updates. Feels like one step forward and two steps back.

I next built the two doors that fir on the right end of the pub crawl.  These are parts 11 and 12 (two of each). Part 12 is glued over part 11.

There is no mention of these parts in the instructions. Not sure Doug knows this or not. I'll say that my kit was purchased at least 12 years ago and Doug may now have it corrected in the newer versions.

I glued part 12 over part 11 on both doors. In the photo below you can see they don't fit together, yet.

I didn't sand the edges until they were glued together. Gluing them together makes them stronger and not as fragile when sanding. I used an Emory board and lightly sanded the kerfs off the edges.

Now they fit together perfectly.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Notice in the photo below, the two doors don't fit into the opening as shown below.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

For the two doors to fit, I'll need to add a header and two side studs.

I painted a piece of HO scale 6X6 with Floquil ATSF Mineral Brown. When dry, I cut the header and glued this in place followed by two side studs.

Now the two doors fit. Again, this step wasn't listed in the instructions.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I'll need to paint the rear of the doors to prevent light from bleeding through.

Done for tonight.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

That red looks really bright!  It's been interesting seeing how you worked through the bay window fit.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on October 20, 2021, 11:51:50 AM
That red looks really bright!  It's been interesting seeing how you worked through the bay window fit.

dave

Dave,

Thanks for stopping by. The red does look bright in the photo but in reality it isn't. Also, not shown as yet is the weathering on the bay windows.

Solving the bay window was fun and it was the perfect solution thanks to Mark D.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com