FOS' Pub Crawl Build

Started by ACL1504, September 20, 2021, 06:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Dalrymple

Looks great, Tom.

Some nice colours to make things 'pop', too.

Cheers, Mark.

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on November 24, 2021, 07:16:45 PM
Very nice build Tom. The roof is outstanding.

Curt,

Thank you for the kind compliment.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on November 24, 2021, 07:35:43 PM
That proximity to the roundhouse will make things easy for the call boy :-)

dave

Dave,

I should have a rooming house nearby but more than likely, the call boys will find their man in the bar.  8)

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jerryrbeach on November 24, 2021, 09:00:17 PM
Tom,

I really like the rusty roof!

Jerry,

Thank you, much appreciate the kind support.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: craftsmankits on November 24, 2021, 09:14:01 PM
Nice work on the roof Tom, like this kit, wish I had picked one up.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you. The galvanized tin color was a good base for starting the rusting effect. We had a great Thanksgiving and hope you did as well.

This kit is still available from FOS and it's on sale.

https://fosscalemodels.com/collections/ho-scale-kits/products/the-pub-crawl-ho-scale-kit

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on November 24, 2021, 11:25:38 PM
Tom,
The finish you completed on the roof came out great.
Think that the Anita Metallic base color you started with is a new one ?... can't seem to find it at the craft stores here.
Like the 3 different colors of rust that make it look used.
This thread is making me thirsty.
Tommy

Tommy,

Thanks very much. I've had this galvanized color for about three months. If I hadn't seen a roof reading Bob did using it, I would never have bought it based on the metallic title. This is a Rust-Oleum product, I paid $1.49 at Hobby Lobby.

Now go grab a cold one.  8)

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Janbouli on November 25, 2021, 03:09:15 AM
Great weathering Tom , what a nice simple building , love it.

Jan,

Long time, no see and thank you. Happy to have you stop by for a look see. It was a fun build and is a very simple building and a great stand alone as well.

Tom  ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on November 25, 2021, 10:44:44 AM
Wonderful job so far Tom.  I really like the idea of splitting this one up like you're doing.  There was just something about that contiguous block of structures that just didn't look right to me when this kit came out.  The roof looks great.   ;)

Bob,

Thank you and also for the info on the paint for the roof. Splitting the kit was a thought after I cut it to enlarge the small bar. The kit looks better to my eye now anyway. I'm liking the AK paints and washes the more I use them.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: cuse on November 25, 2021, 11:36:31 AM
Fantastic...the roof is amazing!

John,

Thank you Butty, very much appreciate you stopping by.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on November 25, 2021, 02:14:44 PM
Hey Tom:

Look just beautiful. I love the corrugated roof.

Karl

Karl,

Very much appreciate you comment my friend, thank you.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on November 25, 2021, 03:27:23 PM
Looks great, Tom.

Some nice colours to make things 'pop', too.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark, Cheers,

Thank you, I'm pleased with how this one turned out.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I glued all the walls together that comprise the second part of the Pub Crawl. All the walls and wall signage were done last month when the new angled wall section was cut to fit.

More in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I plan to light this one but won't do it until later. To plan ahead for the lighting, I made the three roofs removable for later access to the interior of the building.

I  drew the interior wall lines on the underside of the roof panels.

Fast forward and the three roof pieces are complete.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com