Most detailed HO rolling stock?

Started by Keep It Rusty, September 27, 2021, 09:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

As most of you know, I'm more of a model builder than model railroader. That said, I do like creating a yard scene.

As such, I'm on the hunt to find the most detailed HO rolling stock. I want cars with brake lines, cylinders, hardware... it's all in the details!

Blackstone Models make some exquisite models as a fine example:

Only trouble is, Blackstone are HOn3 and can be very pricey (sometimes over $100 for a single car!).

Foothill Model Works make great stuff for On3 and I found a company called P-B-L make great stuff for Sn3... but struggling to find the love for good ole' HO.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

tct855

Craig,
         The world of HO is what you make it, if it don't fit- you make alterations.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKAgYqYqvzk  I say hit two cars with one hobby knife.  Buy up cars that you like and add all the detail you can put on it and you'll have the best of both worlds (modeling and highly detailed cars) and if you mess it up.  No worries, blame it on ACL 1504.  He's usually being blamed for somethin'. :D
                                             Thanx Thom...

Keep It Rusty

Haha! You are probably very, very right. About making it what I want. Maybe I'm just being lazy and hoping it already exists pre-built!

Thanks, Thom!

NKP768

The Intermountain stuff is good along with Tangent and the Rivet Counter line from Scale Trains. All are a little pricey but you get what you pay for.

Doug

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Keep It Rusty

Thank you, all! Really appreciate your suggestions.