FOS Caldwell Junction

Started by madharry, October 02, 2021, 11:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom.boyd.125

Mike,
Great to see you back on the bench after moving into your new home.
Always liked this FOS offering with all those RR line side structures.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

madharry

Things keep getting in the way of modelling. October was busy as we attended three model train exhibitions with either Red Hook Bay or Cheffley. Any way back to the new layout. I have painted the sides of the boards. There are three of them joined together with cabinet makers dowels and clasps on the sides. The total length is 11 ft by 16 inches. After breaking down my old home layout I decided to inventory my turnouts. There were 60 in total all Peco code 75. I plan to use the medium or large turnouts on the layout. I bought some trestles for the layout to sit on while I plan the track layout. Happy days!
Mike

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Thanks Curt. Just a few pictures with a proposed back scene in place..............
Mike

PRR Modeler

Very nice Mike. The background goes well with your build.
Curt Webb

postalkarl

Hey Mike:

great job so far. Can't wait to see more and also see the finished product.

Karl

GPdemayo

Definitely right Mike about  life interfering with modeling.....I can't get going on finishing the projects I have started. The junction is looking good.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hey Mike:

By the way I really like the engine house.

Karl

Lynnb

Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

postalkarl

Hey Mike:

Can't wait to see more.

Karl

madharry

I am still playing around with the track plan. As this will be an exhibition layout, I need it to be interesting to both look at and operate. I decided to place Schramm's as focus structure at the right hand side. Also the little cabin with the rocking chair will add some animation. I think the lady of the house should be watching over her pecking chickens........... This little taxi office should also get a little spot I think. Thanks guys for following and your support.
Mike

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb

madharry

I'm putting Caldwell on hold for the moment. I am not happy with the width of the boards. An extra 6 inches would make a great deal of difference to the feel of the layout.However the boards will not be wasted as I intend building a narrow gauge Austrian style layout on them while I ponder on Caldwell.
Mike

postalkarl

Harry:

Looks jus beautiful.

Karl

GPdemayo

Well done with this project Mike.....looking forward to the next.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL