Saturday 16OCT2021

Started by MAP, October 16, 2021, 07:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAP

Good morning!  Lawn mowing & other outdoor chores on tap today, but rain will chase me indoors later so I'll get in some train time tonight.  Coffee first.
Mark

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Tough to work yesterday after 8 days off.  Thirteen hours when you don't feel 100% ain't easy.  Off for the weekend, though.   :)  Picture from Maine.

Jeff

ACL1504

Morning Mark, Jeff and others,

I'm spending the day with the Babe.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Good morning Mark, Jeff, Tom and everyone arriving later. 

I mowed my lawn yesterday as I'm located a ways west of Mark and expected it to be raining this morning.  The cold front must be dragging its heels, not a bad thing.  I'm heading out to scrape and bed the barn as I expect the cows to shelter in place when the forecast strong storms arrive later today.  Once that is done I'll work on some field cleanup with my brush hog until it starts raining, then modeling when it does start raining.

Everyone have a great day!
Jerry

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

nycjeff

Good morning all, going to be another beautiful day here in the desert. Here is another view of the FP7's on the Verde Canyon train.

Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

Jerry

Morning everyone

Sunny right now but rain moving into the South Jersey area later today!!
Could be a day at the bench!

Everyone have a wonderful day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Good morning! The Grandkids are on their way to run trains with Papa, so the layout is getting a cleaning.  I hope everyone has a great day.  From the F&SM:

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

vinceg

Good morning. Just got back from grocery shopping. Ready for some modeling.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

BandOGuy

We also made an early AM grocery run. Pulling into the parking lot, we saw most all of the town's police vehicles in front of the liquor side of the store. Arriving inside, we found the police were doing a "meet and great" and, furnished by Dunkin', passing out coffee and DONUTS! Some stereotypes are harder to break than others.
Stay dry out there, folks.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Deciding how to spend the day. One thing I know I'll be doing is blocking out my new diorama.

jrmueller

Good morning.  Getting the deck ready to refinish between rain.
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Opa George

An afternoon check-in for me.

Rain is coming within the hour. I just finished mowing the lawn after some early morning grocery shopping. Grass was very long as it's been two weeks since the last trim. 

Also picked fresh figs, and even though the weather has been unseasonably warm, they are slowing down. Last week I was picking two to four quarts every day.  Today I got a baker's dozen single figs.  That's ok. We've made fig pie, fig cake, fig butter, fig chutney and fig pizza.  I don't think I have room to complain.

Have a great day, everyone.

--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

vinceg

Quote from: Opa George on October 16, 2021, 12:40:54 PM
An afternoon check-in for me.

Rain is coming within the hour. I just finished mowing the lawn after some early morning grocery shopping. Grass was very long as it's been two weeks since the last trim. 

Also picked fresh figs, and even though the weather has been unseasonably warm, they are slowing down. Last week I was picking two to four quarts every day.  Today I got a baker's dozen single figs.  That's ok. We've made fig pie, fig cake, fig butter, fig chutney and fig pizza.  I don't think I have room to complain.

Have a great day, everyone.

--Opa George

What about Newtons? Gotta have some Newtons!
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

deemery

Wife's phone is fixed. Turns out the problem was resolved by re-seating the SIM card.  (The hard part was figuring out how to get her cover off the phone.  The rest of the operation was easy.)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to