Saturday 16OCT2021

Started by MAP, October 16, 2021, 07:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opa George

Quote from: vinceg on October 16, 2021, 01:31:09 PM
Quote from: Opa George on October 16, 2021, 12:40:54 PM

Also picked fresh figs, and even though the weather has been unseasonably warm, they are slowing down. Last week I was picking two to four quarts every day.  Today I got a baker's dozen single figs.  That's ok. We've made fig pie, fig cake, fig butter, fig chutney and fig pizza.  I don't think I have room to complain.

What about Newtons? Gotta have some Newtons!

Indeed, Vince!  But I may save that baking for closer to Christmas.  I'm famous for my Christmas cookies, although I have never tried homemade fig newtons. Sounds like I'll be trying a new cookie recipe this year.
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

Raymo

Good Afternoon. Spent the morning at the F&SM. Small crowd all morning made for good photo taking.

S&S RR

Quote from: Raymo on October 16, 2021, 04:34:15 PM
Good Afternoon. Spent the morning at the F&SM. Small crowd all morning made for good photo taking.

Cool - we love pictures. Did you find George's new addition?
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Raymo

A lot of it was new to me John.. ;D

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: S&S RR on October 16, 2021, 04:56:19 PM
Quote from: Raymo on October 16, 2021, 04:34:15 PM

Cool - we love pictures. Did you find George's new addition?

This one?

S&S RR

Craig

That is a new addition, but I was referring to an addition George made last week - he told me he want to see if any of his quests found it. I'll see if anyone took a picture of it - I don't want to spoil George's surprise.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad