Sunday, Oct. 17, 2021

Started by Zephyrus52246, October 17, 2021, 08:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Feeling better here.  Hawkeyes laid an egg yesterday in football, but the Red Sox won.  Hope the Pats can win today.  Classic Maine lighthouse and shore rocks. 

Jeff

MAP

Mark

Opa George

Good morning, all,

The sun has returned after a rainy Saturday, but it is much cooler.  Nice fall-like feel to the air.

Enjoy your day!
--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

Jerry

Morning everyone

A beautiful Autumn morning here in South Jersey!  Sunny/49.  Later on 64!

A few things to do around the house this am then time at the bench.

Been working on the Mill and Machine Shop.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Raymo

Morning. I was able to pick up a couple of Jordan Model A's at the hobby shop down the street from George's for 4 bucks a pop. Not that I needed them but for 4 bucks..

nycjeff

Good morning to all, another nice day on tap here in the desert. The Verde Canyon excursion train that I rode recently is owned by the Arizona Central Railroad, a short-line working line that hauls coal and cement for a large industrial plant. Here is one of the locomotives of the AZCR, a GP7.

Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

vinceg

Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Heading back to Dad's today. Have to finish packing up what the Vietnam Vets will pick up tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

I had just under an inch and a half of water in my rain gauge this morning.  Plus, it seems like our overnight temps in the 60's have departed for the year with the passing of yesterday's cold front. 

Great photos today!  Mine is a companion shot to yesterday's with the skid steer in the boxcar.  This is an overall shot of the car, note the grain door on the ground.

Everyone have a fabulous day!
Jerry

ACL1504

Morning all,

Nothing new here other than no modeling for the past three days. This is driving me crazy.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Yesterday was a lost Saturday.  The good news is the day of rest seems to have helped and this cold is finally breaking up.  Today I should be able to sit at the workbench for a spell.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: Raymo on October 17, 2021, 08:26:46 AM
Morning. I was able to pick up a couple of Jordan Model A's at the hobby shop down the street from George's for 4 bucks a pop. Not that I needed them but for 4 bucks..

I'm convinced you must've went through a time portal or something...

jrmueller

Good morning. Fall arrived (for now)when the cold front came thru yesterday. 47 this am in the Piedmont of Central Virginia. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Good afternoon. My Grandkids just left, we had a great day and half of running trains. I'm amazed at their attention span when it comes to running the trains.  My five year old Grandson is teaching his 3 year old sister how to run the trains. She just does exactly what he tells her and was running like a pro after a couple hours.  The layout got a good workout and I have a fix list to work on this week.  Some how I managed to get a piece of interior grade plywood under a 2 foot section of track and the high humidity this summer warped it and added a speed bump to the track section.  I also had a a rail pop off a now $50 dollar #8 Peco turnout. I watched it happen and I was running the train so it was nothing that the kids had anything to do with. The caboose ended up in the river but a quick 5 finger rescue saved the day.  The turnout was installed during the COVID shutdown and I think this was the first time we ran any number of trains through it. I will be doing an inspection before I replace it to see what happen. I will be filling a report with CFO to acquire repair funding.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm looking forward to some new pictures from the F&SM open house.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad