2022 Challenge Build. FOS REA Freight House

Started by PRR Modeler, January 04, 2022, 03:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Unfortunately I don't have a decent picture to post of the structure but it appears to be 3 main buildings and some small attached sheds. Today I started on the Tichy window frames. I first painted them with Rustoleum Kahki. After that I used a makeup sponge to put on the red highlight color followed by 2 coats of A&I. To finish up today I sorted the different size wood strips. Tomorrow I plan on A&I'ing the wood strips and start on the bag of detail parts.

The colors that I am using are:

Tamiya XF-1 Flat Black for the interior and mixing winto the red.
Tamiya XF-5 Flat Green for the walls
Tamiya XF-7 Flat Red with Flat Black mixed in for wood trim and walls.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ReadingBob

Nice start Curt!   :D  I'll be following along.  I've had the pleasure of seeing Doug's pilot model at the EXPO a few years back.  It's a beauty for sure. 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hey Curt:

Looks like you are making progress.

Karl

ACL1504

Curt,

Great start on this one. Can't wait to start mine.

The photo on the box is very bad. I'm surprised Doug let this go out like this. Anyway, I cleaned it up the best I could.

Here is a photo of FOS' R.E.A. Freight House.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

NEMMRRC

Wow!

Great kit. Will most def need lots of trucks on that one. Looking forward to the results.

Jaime

jerryrbeach

Curt,

I'll be following along.  This is a very interesting structure with its different buildings, loading docks, etc.  It will look great on your layout. i grabbed this photo from Doug's website and enlarged it a little to better show what you are building.
Jerry

GPdemayo

Interesting how the color of the right side 2 story building in the first photo looks blue and then green in the one Tom posted.  ???
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Thank you Bob, Greg, Karl, Tom, Jamie, and Jerry for your kind words and following along.

Also thank you Tom and Jerry for posting pics of the build from FOS.

Current progress has the bracing on the walls and the interior walls have been painted Tamiya flat black.

Curt Webb

Mark Dalrymple

Off to a great start, Curt.

This will be a pretty sizable project.  I'll be watching your progress.  Colour scheme looks good.

Cheers, Mark.

ReadingBob

Good start Curt!  Looking forward to seeing this one built.  I really liked it when it came out but I'd never have a place to use it.

Sorry, these are not the best quality photo's but here are a few I took of Doug's pilot model on display at the EXPO (in Altoona I think).

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

PRR Modeler

Good Morning,

Thank you Mark and Bob.

Thank you for the photos Bob. They are actually better than online I think. Do you by chance have any of the other side? Thanks again butty.
Curt Webb

ReadingBob

You're welcome Curt.  Sorry, no shots of the back.  Those I posted are everything I have.   :)   
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

tom.boyd.125

Curt,
That structure screams railroading !!!
Will watch and see what you can do with this build.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

craftsmankits

Really looking forward to this build, and thanks to Bob for the pictures of Doug's build.  Wish you had taken some shots of the back.

Mark