FOS Flat Iron District Build

Started by ACL1504, January 05, 2022, 04:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

As Jaime says, "Howdy". I putting this one up now as this is my incentive for recovery. I'm not calling this challenge #2 as it will never get finished by the deal line for the 2022 build challenge.

I hope to start this one in February.

The instruction manual is 16 pages. Below, I'm only showing just over half of the box contents.

Lots of pieces and parts not to mention a ton of metal detail parts and windows.

Continued -
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

EricQuebec

NEMMRRC

Very nice.

I wonder how many of these actually get built. Not many were made to start out and sometimes it feels like they become "investments" on the 'Bay.

I have no doubt this will be a great build.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Tom.

Jaime
p/s I say a lot of things that ought not be repeated but I am glad some are  ;D

GPdemayo

What Curt, Eric and Jaime said..... :D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

I shall be following along.

Karl

tom.boyd.125

Tom,
Know you will do a great job on this FOS limited run kit.
Will pull up a chair and reserve a front row seat.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

ACL1504

Thanks for the support on this build. I won't bother to respond to the above posts from 18 months ago.

Here is the start of the finished model pictures. It now has a very nice city block on the A&S RR.

The sky bridge in the center needed to be scratch built as I slightly changed the angle of the kit. Doug's original angle wouldn't fit in my space.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I also left off a few of the exterior roof pipes.

More in a few days.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com