Friday, January 14, 2022

Started by Opa George, January 14, 2022, 06:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opa George

Happy Friday to all!

Covid and other sickness has more than a dozen teachers out at our school, and we're small! Everyone is covering classes for everyone else.  Thank goodness we're looking at a three-day weekend.

Stay safe, watch out for the winter weather if you're in the northeast this weekend.

--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

ReadingBob

Morning all,

It's similar at the school my wife works at Opa George.  She's support staff but gets regularly thrown into the classroom to cover for others.  Ditto the thank goodness it's a three day weekend!  ;)

I do appreciate being able to work from home.  I no longer have permanent cube in the office.  If I were to go in I'd have to reserve one.  They're pushing for a return to the office.  My feeling is if push comes to shove I'll just retire early.  Their choice I can work from home or simply be at home.  ;D

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Dreading work today (more than normal) as we're supposed to get a snowstorm starting at 1100 and lasting thru tomorrow.   :P Of course, it's my only day this month at the Marion office, 40 miles away. 

Jeff

MAP

Good morning!  That storm is heading my way, Sunday into Monday.  Good thing I'm off!
Mark

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Not sure what's on the agenda today.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Same stuff, different day.

Everyone have a safe and productive day! 
Jerry

S&S RR

Good morning!  So far these big storms have tracked South of us and we just get the cold weather.  I wonder how long that will last. :o  I hope everyone has a great day. Stay safe!  From the F&SM:

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Jerry

Morning everyone

Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful day!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Opa George

George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

Jim Donovan

Late check in today. The wife was upset with the puppies yesterday. They have been with us a whole week and she was upset they were not house trained. Sooo I pointed out it is only a week. She is no longer upset with puppies, I now have that honor. Times like this I wish we had a basement for my workbench.

Good luck for those with the storm coming and hope everyone has a great day.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

bparrish

Mornin' all

Bench time this afternoon  woohoo ! ! ! !

Tom... as always you find the best old photos.   A commentary on life before sigh ordinances.  i think this is the part that George Sellios really understands.  He has signage everywhere.

Here is a photo of my Grandfather's younger brother in 1912.  He was the only other of the family to come from Greece.  This was taken on South State Street in Chicago.   It was on the east side of the Greek neighborhood that is now replaced by the University of Illinois, Chicago Circle campus.

Another example of signs everywhere.

Have a great weekend.

see ya
Bob

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?