Sunday the 16th of January in 2022

Started by NEMMRRC, January 16, 2022, 06:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEMMRRC

Howdy.

Cold and snowy here. The power went out. Our power lines are not underground so if any ice accumulates -SNAP- and bye bye electric juice.

I had hoped to build some more on the challenge build. I'll have to work by a window when the sun is shining lol.

On a very sad note, I read on the Facebook that Mario Rapinett passed away. He was a great modeler and all around good guy. He did a great deal to showcase many modelers' work on his website. You will he missed greatly, Mario.

Stay safe and warm out there.

Later.

Jaime

Opa George

Good morning and happy Sunday to all,

Jaime, thanks for the info on Mario.  Although he is gone, his webpages and work continue to challenge and inspire me to better modeling.

Snow expected here this evening. What was originally forecast as a long and intense snowstorm for us is now downgraded to just a few inches.  I don't really mind that.  Now just dealing with the cold.  This morning it's only six degrees. That's way cold for central PA.

Take care!
--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Starting the day at -8F with wind chills at -20F.  Don't worry, it'll warm up drastically so George's snow storm becomes a mix of snow, sleet, and rain for my part of upstate New York.  Forecasters predict a total accumulation of about 6" of this wet mess.  Sounds to me like a recipe for power outages and joining Jaime's "no power club". 

Pretty much same old here, though I am planning to put the plow and chains on the tractor this afternoon after it warms up.

Everyone have a safe and productive day!
Jerry

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Everyone;

As I write this the wind is howling and the rain is coming down sideways. I guess winter has come to Central Florida. I did not know Mario but I intend to check out his webpage.

Today we have my daughter and son-in-law coming for a post Christmas get together. The Tampa Bay Bucs play so we will watching the game. I have my Tom Brady socks on so I am ready. I bought a top end creeper for the museum layout. The layout was put together with 4 x 8's and many spots are hard to get to. The plan is the creeper will allow us to get to back without issue. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope everyone has a great day and Go Bucs!

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Clearing snow yesterday didn't do my back any favors.  The snow blower is self propelled but takes some oomph to muscle it around.  I'm spoiled as my neighbor usually plows the driveway, but something's wrong with his truck.  Anyway some progress yesterday on the build and more planned for today.  Didn't even have to watch the second half of the Patriot's game last night.  But making the playoffs with a rookie QB bodes well for the future.  Sorry to hear about Mario.  He was a great modeler.

Jeff

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

We had a tornado warning that just finished and thankfully no tornadoes. Otherwise we're supposed to have rain and at times thunderstorms as the front go through today. After that it's supposed to cool down for the week.

Have some chores then I plan on being in the train room.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Good morning! I'm shocked to hear about Mario, I talked to him many times over the years at the Narrow Gauge conventions. Great modeler and photographer - rest in peace, my friend.

It's cold here, too. My digital thermometer says -0. I hope everyone has a great day.

From the F&SM:

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

I am not sure I have heard of Mario, but I just looked up his work. He was scary good.....that level of modeling will be greatly missed.
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Dark and damp here this morning.  A good day to stay indoors and enjoy some workbench time.   ;)

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Opa George

Quote from: GPdemayo on January 16, 2022, 09:26:20 AM
I am not sure I have heard of Mario, but I just looked up his work. He was scary good.....that level of modeling will be greatly missed.

Here's a link to his website.  He had many interests, with miniatures a notable feature:

http://modvid.com.au/body_index.html

--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

deemery

-4 here, warmed up to -1.5 when I took the dogs out.  Snow starting sometime overnight, changing to rain and wind with highs near 45 tomorrow. 

I'm pretty well recovered from jet-lag (I read it's "an hour every day" and that feels right.)  So there's a punchlist of small projects I should work through today, and then think about the train room.  Maybe I'll start cutting parts for the boxcar bulk build.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

tom.boyd.125

Late check in today,
Temps are in the high 20's low 30's now, but the bottom will drop out this week with an arctic blast of zero degrees for 5 days in a row soon.
Only good news is the furnace still works. Photo show Addison station on the ICRR.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Rail and Tie

Jeff, I know what you mean about driveways. We have 2000 feet of it to clear and we do get a bit of snow! Can't imagine it without our little Mule.

Mario will be missed. I had heard he was not doing well just before Christmas. Wonderful modeler and he did such a great job sharing the worlds best modelers on his website.
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Rail and Tie on January 16, 2022, 02:03:03 PM
Jeff, I know what you mean about driveways. We have 2000 feet of it to clear and we do get a bit of snow! Can't imagine it without our little Mule.

Mario will be missed. I had heard he was not doing well just before Christmas. Wonderful modeler and he did such a great job sharing the worlds best modelers on his website.
Maybe it's time to get one of those rotary snow blowers the ride on a track...
Jaime