Who is this Tom Langford guy?

Started by tct855, January 18, 2022, 10:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tct855

I've been seeing all kinds of threads of this Tom Langford guy.  Is he a celebrity (on a tv show, or sports person)?  Is he a writer in a train book or something?  Has this guy done anything worth researching?  I hope he's ok, but did he get covid or something?  Why are there so many threads on him?  Has he ever modeled any trains?  If so what scale?  I've tried looking him up on the internet, but nothing comes up.  Are there any pictures of this guy on the internet?  Who is Tom Langford? Just curious what's the hubbub... :o

Rollin

I'm going to reply to this thread with a hearty Yuck, Yuck, Yuck! Insert picture of Three Stooges! We know when our leg is being pulled, or as Janbouli would say, they are taking us along in the boat! One of the really best features of this website/forum is the camaraderie and friendliness of the participants. We get the feeling that we know the folks here as individuals, whether we have met them in person or not.

Tom is a great example of this, I first met him when he was hosting open house during the NMRA convention in Orlando. We are all glad he is doing well after his surgery, and I'm sure it is encouraging to him to see the get well wishes from the folks here.

We have all been suffering from a lack of social interaction during this extended time and if we must settle for remote meetings, at least we are not totally isolated. Keep your spirits up, friends... This too shall pass!

Janbouli

Tom is a buddy , never met him in person , but a buddy nevertheless , as are a lot of people here .
I love photo's, don't we all.

deemery

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Erieman

Tom is a true friend. I've known Tom since the early days of the original forum. I am glad to hear that he is on the mend. We have met several times over the years. While visiting Disney World with the family, I took my granddaughter with me to visit Tom. He still asks about her. That was many years ago and she still inquires about Tom.

Got a question, ask Tom and you will get an answer. Several of us met at the builders in Scale show several years ago in Mass.. We all had a ball going to visit George Sellios layout. I've also had the pleasure of going to his house to meet his bride and see his layout. Awesome.

This is a small hobby with lots of great people. Tom is one of them. I wish him all the best for a speedy recovery. Tom is truly a friend to one and all.

Frank / Erieman

Judge

For those who are new to the forum or are just visiting, you can find out all about Tom Langford and the Atlantic & Southern Railroad if you go to Layout Tours and read the numerous editions of the Saturday Report.

NEMMRRC

I met Tom. He's for real. I've seen his work on the contest room and it's for real.

So yeah, Tom is a genuine model railroad forum celebrity.

Jaime
"I've met a lot of the model railroad divas so trust me"

Bruce Oberleitner

All I know is that he isn't a Diet Coke drinker!