Janbouli's Home Layout The Kannewton & CC

Started by Janbouli, September 11, 2014, 09:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janbouli

I suppose when starting on the second room part of my layout is a good time to start a thread on my layout here. If anyone not familiar with my layout wants to see more of it before this you can go to http://www.janbouli.com  or http://kitforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5114

My layout rooms are finally at a temperature to work in again.

Started with the LED lighting in the 2nd room, just experimenting how many strips of LED I need to have enough layout lighting and enough to take photographs without extra lighting.

What do you guys think? Myself , I am satisfied with this as layout lighting but think for photography I need 1 more strip.
I love photo's, don't we all.

GPdemayo

I'd forgotten about your thread on the other forum Jan. I just checked it out and I really liked the way you were doing the landscaping, the grasses look terrific!

Please keep us up to date and more pictures are always welcome!   ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Great to have a thread on your layout here - thanks for getting it started and I'm looking forward to watching your progress.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Twist67

Hi,
nice to have you here with your fantastic layout.So keep the progress coming.

The LED strips are looking fine....I´ve only one strip and not two.....how much LED´s per Meter do you have on those strips?mine are 60/m and the color is coldwhite on must of them...

Cheers,Chris

Powersteamguy1790

Hi:

You're doing a great job on your layout. Looks like you've made a lot of progress in the development of the layout.

Have fun with it. :) ;)

Stay cool and run steam..... 8) 8)

Janbouli

Quote from: Twist67 on October 22, 2014, 08:45:43 AM
Hi,
nice to have you here with your fantastic layout.So keep the progress coming.

The LED strips are looking fine....I´ve only one strip and not two.....how much LED´s per Meter do you have on those strips?mine are 60/m and the color is coldwhite on must of them...

Cheers,Chris

Thanx Chris , LED strips are also 60/m and cold white.

Janbouli

Quote from: Powersteamguy1790 on October 22, 2014, 09:14:32 AM

Thanx ,  pure by coincidence I bought myself an Athearn Challenger in N-scale with Tsunami sound today.

Powersteamguy1790

Quote from: Janbouli on October 24, 2014, 04:55:38 PM
Quote from: Powersteamguy1790 on October 22, 2014, 09:14:32 AM

Thanx ,  pure by coincidence I bought myself an Athearn Challenger in N-scale with Tsunami sound today.

The Athearn Challenger with Tsunami Sound is a great steam locomotive. I have six on the roster of the "new" JJJ&E. The Athearn "Big Boy" is also a fantastic steamer. Have fun programming the sound and running your new "Challenger".

Stay cool and run steam...... 8) 8)

Powersteamguy1790

Janbouli:

I've been working with Soundtraxx sound decoders in N scale for a long time Below are some CV values for the Equalizer that will enhance the sound performance of your 'Challenger" Soundtraxx decoder. You can also use these values in other N scale locomotives that that have Soundtraxx decoders.

CV 153=   7
CV 154=   0
CV 155=   0
CV 156=240
CV 157=200
CV 158=180
CV 159=120
CV 160=120

Have fun with it. ;) :)

ACL1504

Bob,

Will those CV values work in HO as well? Inquiring minds and all that.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Powersteamguy1790

Quote from: ACL1504 on October 26, 2014, 03:23:26 PM
Bob,

Will those CV values work in HO as well? Inquiring minds and all that.

Tom ;D

Tom:

Those values should work in HO Soundtraxx sound decoders. I'm sure the HO Soundtraxx decoders have an equalizer. The difference in the sound will amaze you after you plug in those numbers.

Let me know how it works. BTW, you can modify those values slightly. Those values do work extremely well in N scale. ;) :)

Stay cool and run steam...... 8) 8)

Janbouli

Janbouli

My first youtube video , it's of an Athearn Challenger in N-scale comparing the sound of the Tsunami Decoder before and after programming equalizer CV's

gnatshop

I know this is a repeat, but I still watch and enjoy both forums!
This sounds so much better after programming the equalizer CV's! (like I know what the chit that means!)
I'm just lucky to build an old fashioned DC layout (well, work on it occasionally - but you boys are pushin'
my buttons lately!)

Powersteamguy1790

The "Challenger" sounds great after you programmed in those equalizer values Jan. ;)

Stay cool and run steam.... 8) 8)