Janbouli's Home Layout The Kannewton & CC

Started by Janbouli, September 11, 2014, 09:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Jan I approve of your use of both cms and inches in describing your engineering feat. I will be watching with interest. Years ago my model club built a similar helix using metal bars to separate the levels.
Mike ;)

Janbouli

Quote from: madharry on January 09, 2021, 04:13:53 AM
Jan I approve of your use of both cms and inches in describing your engineering feat.
Mike ;)
Thanks Mike , I was a bit worried about that , it seems however quite logical to me to do lengths , heights and math in metric , but radius in inches on account of my tools for track being in inches and the forums I visit being mostly in inches . I have always wondered why anyone would want to calculate in imperial , metric , decimal is so much easier, but to each his own.

I love photo's, don't we all.

Jim Donovan

Interesting method;

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Thanks for sharing.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

madharry

Quote from: Janbouli on January 09, 2021, 06:43:32 AM
Quote from: madharry on January 09, 2021, 04:13:53 AM
Jan I approve of your use of both cms and inches in describing your engineering feat.
Mike ;)
Thanks Mike , I was a bit worried about that , it seems however quite logical to me to do lengths , heights and math in metric , but radius in inches on account of my tools for track being in inches and the forums I visit being mostly in inches . I have always wondered why anyone would want to calculate in imperial , metric , decimal is so much easier, but to each his own.
The UK did not go metric until 1965. I had left school by then and had been taught only to think in Imperial. :) We still use miles, gallons and pints etc to this day...........

Mike

Janbouli

Did a little bit of work on my Helix this weekend , progress is slow because you can only do one layer at a time.

First loop built.

Ready to hold down track with caulk.

Second loop with track weighted down while drying.

PRR Modeler

Very nice Jan. Is it staying a single track?
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Janbouli

Thanks Curt , yes it will be a single track , no need for a double track , I believe I won't be using it a whole lot anyway , but I like building things like this.

ACL1504

Jan,

Nice work with the Helix. I took me a few months to complete mine as you may remember. I too enjoyed the building process of the Ovalix.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jbvb

James

Janbouli

Thanks Tom and James , and yes I remember yours Tom , was a bit bigger then mine.

madharry

Janbouli

Thanks Mike

I'm half way now , so I tested this evening , my BLI PA with sound ran like a charm , on with the next loops .

Janbouli

S&S RR

Jan

Your helix is looking good. I too, remember enjoying the build process with the helix. 
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Janbouli

Thanks John , it does take a lot of time to build one , last 2 loops this weekend I hope.