Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmillho

John, that is a lot of clear workbench space, I will bet it gets filled up soon.

Jim

Janbouli

John , that looks awful , the empty workbenches , what a sad sight  ;)
I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Quote from: jimmillho on January 13, 2019, 12:21:33 PM
John, that is a lot of clear workbench space, I will bet it gets filled up soon.

Jim

Jim

I have already started. ;)
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: Janbouli on January 13, 2019, 12:53:20 PM
John , that looks awful , the empty workbenches , what a sad sight  ;)

Jan

Your right, I need to get them filled up again as quick as possible.
John Siekirk

Jerry

John the diorama looks wonderful.  Excellent job on those two buildings.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

John,

Wow, they surely do look fantastic. Great job on the structures and diorama, it must weight a lot.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Your latest build looks great and the water redo came out really well.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Mark Dalrymple

A fantastic scene, John!

I was looking back over your plan - I did some figures to work out where my 'large' layout would fit and yours is enormous!  Do all the numbers refer to pages of the thread?  It is a truly mammoth project!

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on January 13, 2019, 11:39:49 PM
John the diorama looks wonderful.  Excellent job on those two buildings.

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you for the kind words.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on January 14, 2019, 08:18:46 AM
John,

Wow, they surely do look fantastic. Great job on the structures and diorama, it must weight a lot.

Tom ;D

Thank you for the kind words my friend. It doesn't weight to much, lots of foam.  I would guess 30 pounds. Most of the weight is the stones I added for the scenery.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on January 14, 2019, 10:27:34 AM
Your latest build looks great and the water redo came out really well.

Curt

Thank you - I'm happy with the water for the location on the layout.  The big surprise for me on the redo was how much the acrylic materials darkened the colors I used for the bottom of the pond.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on January 14, 2019, 02:25:46 PM
A fantastic scene, John!

I was looking back over your plan - I did some figures to work out where my 'large' layout would fit and yours is enormous!  Do all the numbers refer to pages of the thread?  It is a truly mammoth project!

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

This layout is a lifetime project so yes it's big by home layout standards. The current layout is about 1200 square feet minus the areas for the furnace and workshop.  The addition that I will be getting started on this summer will be another 20 x 40 feet but more than half of that space will be crew quarters. Any future expansion will consume crew quarters space currently unapproved for expansion by the CFO of the S&S RR. ;)  CFO=Boss=wife.

The numbers that you see on the diagram are track power block numbers.  Each block of track can be turned on and off by the switches you see on the lower benchwork.  This really helps when I leave a pair of pliers inside one of tunnels and need to find a short.  It also allows me to turn off the sound to a locomotive when it's on a storage siding. The layout has 9 power districts and 120 power blocks as currently designed.
John Siekirk

deemery

Do you have a "it's finally dry" photo of the water?

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on January 14, 2019, 03:01:31 PM
Do you have a "it's finally dry" photo of the water?

dave

Dave

Not yet, I have the diorama on the layout with the back facing me for additional work.  I will turn it around in the next couple of days and take a "it's finally dry photograph".  The pond is dry but the water in water fall area is still curing.
John Siekirk

deemery

Looking forward to it!  I thought you might need a couple more days of cure. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to