Friday, February 12, 2021

Started by Opa George, February 12, 2021, 06:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opa George

Good morning everyone, and happy Friday!

No classes today, we have In Service, which means I could sleep a bit longer as the work day won't start till 8. Felt good. 

Have a great day, all. 
--Opa George

MAP

Good morning and TGIF!  Hoping to get some modeling time in today.  Be safe.
Mark

ReadingBob

Morning all,

T.G.I.F!  No modeling yesterday but I did run out during my lunch hour and mow the weeds so that chore won't have to be done over the weekend.   :)  One (of many) advantage of working from home.  ;D  I don't know how much longer we'll allowed to work from home but if I can stretch it until retirement I wouldn't mind a bit.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

NEMMRRC

Howdy!

Fridays are a wonderful thing.

One of the advantages of working from home is getting more chores done. One of the disadvantages of working from home is when you're home, you're working....

No "work" for me today. I took the day off. However, I have a conference call at 8 am. I'll be free afterwards.

We still have ice all over the trees and power lines. We were fortunate not to have lost power.

Have a fantastic Friday, folks.

Jaime

Jim Donovan

I sound like a broken record but, coffee, pup and wife nearby, enjoying the mornings. Life does not get any better. Hope the same for everyone else.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

The old hot tub is getting hauled away this morning.  I need to do some pool stuff then change couplers on coal cars.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

Morning all,

Got a hair cut this morning and now to spend the day building models.

Rained hard here last night.

Have a safe day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Blazeman

I'd trade cutting grass for removing snow.  At least I could use a shovel yesterday.

Wife getting very bored with the restrictions.  I'm still delighting in not having to go to work.  The last couple weeks of work in 2020 were done from home.  Just not the same.  No people, no interaction with the people in the group, my reference material not available.  Doesn't work for a hands-on logistics function.

I think we'll take a ride later today.  Have lunch out and go to a bookstore. Maybe get some layout work in.  Problem is motivation, not time.

Live it up.

Larry

S&S RR

Good morning! The coffee is ready and there is modeling waiting on my workbench. I guess I'm working from home, too.  ;D  Best job I ever had. My son-in-law got a new job, yesterday.  He has been off since July. I think the only time you appreciate a job is when you don't have one. I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

jrmueller

Good morning. 3-4 inches of snow last night in the Piedmont of Virginia. Got our second COVID vaccine shots yesterday. All is good in our world. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

tooStupid

Morning,

Gosh it is cold outside -15C (5F), light snow followed by hiding in the basement.

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Another beautiful sunny day in Minnesota...
-15, -21, -24 ... next 3 days of actual low temps...then add the wind chill in so looking at -30 to -50...stay safe !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

I spent some time at the bench (in the basement) but with these temps here in MN, there's only so much time I want to spend down there (it's an unfinished basement and gets pretty darn chilly).

I did spend some time clearing and organizing my bench though — a ritual I enjoy every few builds.

It's my daughter's 1st birthday tomorrow, so I'll have to get some hobby time in either today or Sunday.

deemery

Seasonably cold in SE NH, lows around 4 last night, highs in the 20s today.  Bright and sunny, but a bit breezy.  I love this weather! 

UNH cancelled all on-campus classes yesterday after Covid outbreaks.  That's OK, I was registered for the Zoom versions.  (I wonder if I'll still get the dunning emails that I haven't gone on-campus to submit my required Covid test.  I couldn't justify the trip just to make their computers happy.)

Last night I did some scenery for the switcher shed, putting some styrene strip down where the foundation goes, and then working Sculptamold up to the strip.  Tomorrow, after the Sculptamold has cured, I'll carefully remove the styrene and plop down the actual structure.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to