Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Started by Opa George, February 16, 2021, 05:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opa George

Roll on February,
Back to work today after enjoying a holiday yesterday.  Coffee tastes great!
Have a great day, everyone. Just rain outside for me, but for those in the middle of bad weather, stay safe!

--Opa George

MAP

Good morning!  A thin layer of ice on everything this morning, but as the temps rose it changed over to rain.  Coffee sounds good George.  Be safe.
Mark

tooStupid

Morning,

There was enough snow to level off the driveway, 6+ inches.

WigWag Workshop

Hey Der Folks!

High of 18, with another 8 - 10 of snow. No plans today.

Have a Great Day All!

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Just finished a 45 minute required training class for work.   ::)  Now that that's out of the way I can dig back into whatever it was I was trying to figure out yesterday.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Morning all,

Cool here this morning. Nothing exciting planned for today except layout and modeling play.

Have a safe and healthy day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Up and ready for work.  Seven below. Brrr.  Apparently we've set a record for consecutive time below zero.  Whoopee. 

Jeff

BandOGuy

Thanks ACL! What a great way to start the day. Coffee and Alco clouds. If only it were first person: up close and personal.
Stay safe and warm all.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Blazeman

Echoing Chip, great start of the day to see the RDG in action.  Only could wish the picture was taken last week.

Last fall, a friend and former BNSF rep at work, delivered a large container of discarded TRAINS.  I've been distributing them around the house as I make my rounds and slowly working through the inventory.  Thus far, most are four to six years back...lots of recent history and predictions of where things would be in 2020-2021.  So-so on forecasting, but enjoyable to read previously unknown pieces on departed railroads and what led to their demise.  And fabulous photography.  As I work through the collection, perhaps it will go back to earlier years this century.  I was hoping the collection would be of the old black and white TRAINS, but not the case.

I see a touch of blue sky now in SE PA skies.  Mild today (high 40's) for a respite. Normalcy returns tonight, but precip will skip us for a couple days, passing us to the west, heading NE.

All be good, work smart, keep warm.

Larry

Jim Donovan

Just another great morning, can't have too many. Nothing planned until tonight, we are hosting a card game and can say all are vaccinated!

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

A few chores to take care of here before work can start. I better get to it.

Have a good day.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Mom was admitted to the hospital last night due to complications from her cancer. Not much else to say.

I hope everyone has a good day and stay safe.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

We got a mix of sleet and freezing rain followed by rain.  Unfortunately, it was not enough rain to wash away the previous mess, just enough to turn my barn yard and some of my driveway into a skating rink.  I've already sanded the barn yard and dashed any hopes my cows had of becoming Olympic skaters.  I'll be headed back out shortly to scrape as much of this icy mess as possible off the driveway.  Once I finish that, I'll see if I need to sand it also. 

Curt, my thoughts and prayers for both you and your mother.

Jerry

S&S RR

Good morning! Well I'm going to have some quality time with my tractor, today. today.  I'm waiting for it to quit snowing before heading out.  It is around zero with the wind blowing so serious negative wind chill..Based on the railing on my deck we have between 1 and 2 feet.  Lots of drifting so it's hard to tell. Winter has definitely come to the North country. The coffee is ready so I'm going to do some modeling until it quits snowing. ;D  I hope everyone has a great day.  Stay warm and safe.

Prayers for you mom, Curt.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad