Altoona Expo Question

Started by lprugh, July 09, 2017, 12:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lprugh

Hello to all,
I hope I am posting this in the correct topic.
I am thinking about going to the Altoona Expo and have some questions that I am sure can be answered here.
I was made aware of this forum and the Expo by a vendor (don't remember his name) at the Timonium MD train show.
My background
I am a retired electrical engineer that has just started a laser engraving business. I have an Epilog Zing 24 that is capable of doing some very fine detail.
I am also building a HO layout in an 8 x 18 room, the bench work is built.  I have always wanted to get into doing detailed models and feel that now is a good time. I am also using arduinos to automate my signaling and turnouts.
My question is:
What tools would I need to bring to the Expo. I would be getting the "Baron" Pass allowing my experience to be the fullest.
Any thoughts from the experts here.

Louis Prugh

chris.mincemoyer

I attended the Expo held in Scranton a few years back.  Each presenter that required any tools emailed me prior with suggestions on what to bring.

Chris

S&S RR

Quote from: lprugh on July 09, 2017, 12:37:39 PM
Hello to all,
I hope I am posting this in the correct topic.
I am thinking about going to the Altoona Expo and have some questions that I am sure can be answered here.
I was made aware of this forum and the Expo by a vendor (don't remember his name) at the Timonium MD train show.
My background
I am a retired electrical engineer that has just started a laser engraving business. I have an Epilog Zing 24 that is capable of doing some very fine detail.
I am also building a HO layout in an 8 x 18 room, the bench work is built.  I have always wanted to get into doing detailed models and feel that now is a good time. I am also using arduinos to automate my signaling and turnouts.
My question is:
What tools would I need to bring to the Expo. I would be getting the "Baron" Pass allowing my experience to be the fullest.
Any thoughts from the experts here.

Louis Prugh

Louis

When you sign up for the platinum clinics the presenter will send you an email with a list of tools and supplies you may want to bring with you to get the most out of the clinic. I hope this helps and welcome to the forum.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad