FOS Lucks Gas & Burgers - Free kit #36

Started by Oldguy, January 25, 2022, 10:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldguy

So I bit on a FOS promotion; buy one get this free.  I'll admit it was a fun build, even if I didn't vary from the provided photo.  I was trying to get photos using a cell phone and most never were made.  I liked that the parts were level with the clapboards.  I have found some that one side was a half a board off from the adjoining side.  This made painting a waist band so much easier.  I t was a simple matter of lining up all the sides and apply tape to the back to hold everything in place.  Spray the lighter color, dry, apply more tape and spray on the darker tone. 

I did replaced the corner strip wood with corner posts as I wanted to light the interior and any corner bracing would eat up a lot of the inner space. But to do this, I need to support the adjacent slots and apply weight to the side.  So I use some craft sticks which worked slick.
One item that I absolutely love is the included gas pump.  Perfect for my era.  All I needed to add was some line for the hose.  The wire was added for handling and then trimmed down for placement.

I used some Ngineering aluminum shades and 0402 LEDs to light the inside and under the canopy.  A piece of 1/16" brass tubing to carry the wires through the base board.

The lighting looks better in person since my camera fights for focus
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Oldguy

So this one is done and waiting planting.

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

ReadingBob

Well done Bob!  I love these little freebies.  I almost bit on this one myself but managed to fight the urge off.  :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Zephyrus52246

Nice color scheme.  Great looking little building.

Jeff

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision