Friday - April 19, 2024

Started by ReadingBob, April 19, 2024, 07:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

T.G.I.F!  Looking forward to the weekend and some workbench time.  I'm roughly 70% of the way through painting all the detail castings on the current build (there are a lot).  I hope to finish that task up this weekend though it's becoming a little more challenging.  The old A&I wash after painting has to be abandoned.  It'll just wash off some of the newer paints I'm using.  I'm going to try Dr. Jeff's trick of hitting the castings with a flat finish (DullCoat or similar) and then using an oil paint wash in lieu of the A&I.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

MartyO

Morning,

It's gray and rainy for the next few days and perfect for working on something inside, like sleeping.
Marty

deemery

Bob, try letting the paint cure for a couple of days before the A&I wash.  One more Friday to go, right?

Cloudy and seasonal in SE NH, I should get back to the train room this morning after the cleaners are gone.  I've decided to install a switch machine at the turnout close to the trestle site, since it'll be harder to do that once the scenery is in place.  I also worked a bit on that turnout yesterday, to try to prevent the problems I've seen on my other FastTracks turnouts with points that don't quite close correctly with the switch machine.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.  

Cold and grey here.  I have a four day weekend and hope to get more work done on the ITLA build.  

Hope the oil wash technique works well for you, Bob.   

Jeff

ACL1504

Morning all,

Nothing to see here either.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Good afternoon!  I spent the day working on the railroad and stopped by to see what was going on in the forum world.

The new tower looks great Craig.  I bought the two trackside buildings and have them sitting on my workbench getting them ready for the paint booth. You can never have enough trackside sheds on your layout.

I hope everyone is having a good day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: S&S RR on April 20, 2024, 04:08:21 PMGood afternoon!  I spent the day working on the railroad and stopped by to see what was going on in the forum world.

The new tower looks great Craig.  I bought the two trackside buildings and have them sitting on my workbench getting them ready for the paint booth. You can never have enough trackside sheds on your layout.

I hope everyone is having a good day.
Thanks so much, John! 

Can't wait to see your finished versions of the Old Boiler House and Scrap Merchant's Place!