The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

With the help of a nice ice cold Diet Pepsi I got them finished.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Nice concrete coloring. It's really good to see you at it again.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Mark Dalrymple

MAP

Just catching up with all of your progress Tom.  Dang!  Looks great!  The additional trees really make a difference, and the new buildings are a nice addition to the layout....and the station is fantastic.  Dang!
Mark

Judge

Tom - Not to be a nit-picker or anything, but you misspelled "tires."  In Tahope it is spelled (and pronounced) "tars."  The Roadwork looks good.

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on January 01, 2020, 07:59:18 PM
Nice concrete coloring. It's really good to see you at it again.

Curt,

Thank you, it is good to be back working on the layout.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: mark dalrymple on January 01, 2020, 08:28:38 PM
Looking good, Tom.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark,

Cheers, thank you, appreciate you stopping by.

Tom ;D [size=78%] [/size]
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: MAP on January 02, 2020, 10:29:43 AM
Just catching up with all of your progress Tom.  Dang!  Looks great!  The additional trees really make a difference, and the new buildings are a nice addition to the layout....and the station is fantastic.  Dang!

Mark,

Hey, thanks for catching up. The trees definitely changed the layout look for the better. I'll have another update later this afternoon.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Judge on January 02, 2020, 10:41:28 AM
Tom - Not to be a nit-picker or anything, but you misspelled "tires."  In Tahope it is spelled (and pronounced) "tars."  The Roadwork looks good.

Bill - AKA: Judge,

Thanks for the compliment and nit-picking is accepted here. Although no nose-picking is allowed. 8)

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I painted full strength Elmer's White Glue on the pink foam between the fascia and dirt road. I then spread on Woodland Scenics Fine Turf Burnt Grass #T1344.

I let it dry over night and then sprayed the area with wet water and added a good dose of matte medium.

While the matte medium was still wet, I sprinkled on Scenic Express "Flock & Turf" Grass Turf Blend EX880C. I spread the turf on randomly and didn't cover the entire area.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I let this dry overnight as well. The next day I wet the area and added another light coat of matte medium.

While still wet, I sprinkled on Scenic Express Scrub Grass Blend #EX882C.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

During the scenery addition, I carefully marked the outline of the FOS Whalen Apiary. You can just barely make out the pencil line on the road and eagle eyes can see it in the turf.

I wet the area and removed the grass.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I added a fourth coat of scenery material and this time it was the Scenic Express Farm Pasture Blend EX886C.

I let this all dry another night. So, my scenery is added one layer at a time using four different materials for a total of four layers.

More tomorrow afternoon.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

BandOGuy

Sure ain't lettin' any grass grow under your feet this week!
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.